Ohms Law and Voice Coil

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 249
ok like the Ohms is one of the first thing you should consider in chosing the amp for the sub right?
Well what i don't understand is that people get lets take the W7 for example, they take 2 of them (SVC 3ohm x2) shouldn't that be equivelant to having 1 DVC 6 ohm woofer? or 2 SVC 2 ohm sub, shouldn't that be the same as a DVC 4 ohm? i don't know the wiring confugurations for the 2 ohm sub, but with the W7, how can you get the DVC 6 ohm to a 1.5 ohm load? because with a DVC 4 ohm sub you can get a 2 or 4 or 8 ohm load there for you cut it in half. IDK maybe im just looking too much into it and making it harder than it actually is :-(

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 918
Everything you could need to know about car audio. Read man, Read.

http://www.bcae1.com/

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 250
im not trying to take the quick way out, but i have the comprehention of a 4th grader... im technically ret@rded. i can't read things that are very long either i have a VERY short attention span. when i was in HS and had to read to the class i'd stop in the middle of a word and just look around... i got intruble alot for that... but yea anyway.. lol

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 920
Well then it sounds like it would be hard for anyone to explain this stuff to you... lol

But what you were saying, the W7s have SVC 3 ohm voice coils. So if you had two of them, it would be like having 1 DVC 3-ohm sub, if they made such a thing, which I don't think they do. Anyway, so a DVC 4-ohm sub is like having 2 SVC 4-ohm subs. Do you get it?

BTW, you can't get 1 DVC 6-ohm sub to 1.5 ohms by itself. If you had 2 DVC 6-ohm subs them you could.

And if you have a DVC 4 ohm sub by itself, you can only wire it to either 2 ohms or 8 ohms.

Let me know if you need more help.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 251
ok, so you don't add the Ohms into the equation? like 2 SVC 3 ohm subs would be the same as 1 dvc ohm sub, ok i think i get it now. if im getting it at all. thanks Isaac W. :-) i was very confused on that. when it comes to math i understand for the most part, reading, i don't understand at all LOL

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 922
No problem dude. No one should ever be too proud to ask a question, although a lot of people are. :-)

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 252
well when i ask a question i usually get ignored so thank you for answering my question, it means alot

Silver Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 150
hmm...

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 254
hmm what?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts