FAKE DLS Iridium?

Bronze Member
Username: Jinster

Post Number: 74
ok, i got my pair of dls iridium 6.2 for only 460 dollars on ebay. first thing i notice is that there's no difference between the 3 crossover settings- not as far as my ears can tell. than again, i'm really just a beginner at acoustic judgements. but i'm no blind and can't help notice that my iridiums look distictively different from the picture on the website. the mids, tweaters and the crossover. all of them.

my woofer's cone is much rougher and seem smaller. and better yet, the dls logos on the backside is actually a sticker.

and the tweeter cone doesn't have that slick feel like one in the picture and the casing itself has 4 holes instead of 3.

and the crossover just looks different thats all.

i've come across a thread here questioning the same issue but that one kinda died after one reply. the reply suggested that it might be different model year. can you guys help me out on this? i'm pretty baffled.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
uhh heheh but it seems like i did get a newer model after all... not the regular '6.2' but their picture of '6.2i' looks exactly like what i have on hand...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
no, the crossover still looks pretty dern different. so the question remains i guess.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2219
check out DLS's web site or contact them. theres info on the site about fake products being sold online.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 75
Maybe you have real speakers and fake crossovers..... i dont trust many internet sites anymore not for getting fake products...just to many faulty products.. Can u say Ebay?

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 129
Trust me on this one, your DLS are REAL, don't worry about it.
The smallest loudness difference that a human ear can detect is 3db. If you can't hear it, you will, once you know what you are trying to hear. The setting's difference should be heard easier if you crank the system up. Plus the tweets (and woofers) have to break in, it sounds a little different after the break in period, the tweets sort of "open up".
The cone is rough, that's how it is.

We were putting some UR 5's in and when they came I was like WTF, why so small? Well that's how they are. Just like Morel doesn't have 5 1/4 or 6 1/2, they have 5's and 6's:-)

Enjoy the music:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
heh im becoming sure now that they are indeed real. i guess i just had a little panic attack. i mean this ebay guy's reputation is 99.9% with over 2000 different buyers and only 1 compaint in last 6 months. if he was ripping these people off somebody would've noticed it before me, right?

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 148
There you go, that's better. It's a good thing that you didn't start saying something like: "Man these DLS don't sound even near what they should be sounding like, this is total chinese made crap" and at the end they come out to be real:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
to be honest i wouldn't know what chinese made crap would sound like. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 359
"to be honest i wouldn't know what chinese made crap would sound like."

Sony

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 77
are my pioneers chinese made also.... i get a buzzing sound from them... do i need some filters....

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 172
John, you need different speakers:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us