Help with Edead...

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 284
So I did my trunk with E-Dead because it sounded horrible outside the car, but after I was done I still hear alot of rattle coming from the back panel. Heres where all I did so far (green parts) - 3 coats on everything..

Upload

I took off the back piece and painted the back of the tail lights and covers. What else should I do? Replace whether stripping might help, any other ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2208
just applying a Dynamat type deadner won't stop the rattles. you have to find the rattles first, then figure out how to get them to stop. a lot of times its a simple screw. the system will also make new rattles...its an endless battle.

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1062
Shawn, I used eDead too and am not fully impressed. My trunk rattles like a b!tch but of course I do have a lancer, oh well.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1539
Concrete doesnt rattle :-)

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 191
what car do u have.. ? because a lot of cars have the quarter inch cables for the trunk open close mechanism; they usually make noise. so check if u have those. But i don't know any solution to that tough.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 795
expanding foam works really well too, cheap way to close up the small gaps

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 287
I'm listening to hear where the noise is coming from. The EDead helped the back panel rattle but there's still something under the car that rattles and the trunk key hole also rattles. I'll keep trying to stop it but I doubt it's possible to stop it all. :-(

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 288
I did use some expanding foam on a piece where my seat folds down. Thats a piece I found rattled really bad and it doesnt rattle anymore at all. I will pick up another can and go to work on my car, lol. It's an 89 grand am btw.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2215
you just gotta keep searching till you find them, then kill them. it'll take a while, just play a song that you hear the rattleing well, then start touching the panels and everything till you hear a change.

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 241
i guarantee your rattle isnt as bad as one i had....my exhaust heat shield was rattling, it was one of the most violent sounds ive ever heard....lol... just keep plugging away, youll git 'er done...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us