Runnin power wire under the car

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 570
how bad is it to run power wire under the car if propery encased. i mean like 0ga power wire in loom tubing and then in a second thing of split loom tubing. would the wire pick up interference at all?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4798
there shouldnt be any interference but i would us sealtight or carflex to run under car better protection from the weather u can fint it a any magor hardware store like lowes and home depot

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 344
I ran mine out side. No problems so far. I tucked it up out of the way of everthing and secured the hell out of it with zip tie. The good ones that AC contractors use for duct work.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7937
i dont think it would be any problems - but isnt it a whole lot simpler 2 run it inside on ur floor .......

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 571
yeah it might be a problem running it in the car, it might not fit under the molding 4ga barely fits but it might be able to squeeze it in. still not sure yet, waiting to get it in the mail. LOVE EBAY!

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4800
This post wasnt me it was my friend James a electrician.

"there shouldnt be any interference but i would us sealtight or carflex to run under car better protection from the weather u can fint it a any magor hardware store like lowes and home depot"

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 163
Steve Meade did an install on a Navi and he did at least 2 runs of 0ga under the truck and I think he knows what he is doing. I am going to do it too so I would say go for it. Keep it tucked up over the frame rail and away from moving parts though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us