NEW AMP RACK PROJECT 1 OF LIKE 100

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 568
hey guys, spent my sunday fabbin up an amp rack. well this is where the amp is gonna sit, and later i will build a surrounding for it when i figure where my 300/4 is gonna go.
Upload
never believed in templates until now ;)
Upload
basic cutout of 1/2 inch mdf
Upload
due to poor skill saw skills, i had to bondo (boy do i love bondo) to make all the sides nice and flush and stock

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
here it is. test fitting the amp
Upload
from outside the car. really gotta make a surrounding, eye candy to thieves :-(
Upload
ight time to paint, color doesnt look like it matches due to the sun, but its pretty close.

ill have more pics of it up and completed w/ wiring and such. and in a day or so ill have pics of my second project. if anyone knows jeeps, that annoying cutout in the back on the right panel, well thats where my cd changer is going,
heres my project list for the smmer (due to shortage in money :-( )
1. xtant amp rack. done
2. cd changer
3. electrical ugrade
4. get my new sub (treo tsx 12.44)
5. build new ported sub box
6. find some cool idea where to put my 300/4

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7933
very interesting & a cool way of "engineering" a amp rack - nice ! .....

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 148
looks clean man , keep up the good work

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 569
ha rovin just finished my first year of mechanical engineering too

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 793
thats wuts up....one day i am gonna have a nice enlocsure and amprack one day

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1482
nice amp

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 912
why dont you build another one on the other side for your 300/4 would look very nice and sychronized (sp)

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 572
my cd changer is going there. james longo gave me his old cherokee amp rack. it goes on the back of the seat, i might build my box so it has the same angle of my backseat and takes up half of the seat. i suck at explaining stuff (pics soon) and then cut james amp rack in half so the 300/4 will be in there, sorta like an amp corner thing.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 897
HEY BASSFISHING! So how is that A6001 holding up for ya? I remember when we both bought one at the same time and you were freakin out about something cuz you thought you bought it from the same guy I did and you were gonna get ripped off or something. LOL. That was a while ago, I haven't been on here much lately.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 122
Nice amp, looks clean

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 573
haha isaac, i remeber, love the thing to death, the funny thing is i decided to upgrade my sub at college (boston so no car) and i couda sworn i bough the a3001. so i spent the whole year researching on a 12" 300watt sub at 2 ohm, i go home and take the amp out for my new rack and read that its the a6001. now i got 645watts (called xtant up to find true wattage) to work with :-)

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 898
Yeah, thats what I love about good companies like Xtant they are always underated! That's awesome. Unfortuantely, my A6001 is not in a car at the moment, it is sitting in it's box in my room at the moment, along with my subs. I don't really have a car right now. :-( Oh well soon enough!

BTW, that amp rack is tight bro. :-) Good clean installs are always killer. Keep it up!

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3010
nice work, looks great. goodluck with the rest of your list!

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4802
good work bro....Gotta love the feeling of customizing it yourself

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2216
looks good. never thought to use bondo for the edges like that, i like it.

how did you attach it though??

also, is it cracked where the slot is cut??
and how come you didn't make it go all the way to the floor?? or will that be covered??

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 575
look at the pics with nothing there, theirs this hook like thing that was used to atach the spare tire. well i used that to secure the top with 12 gauge solid wire to the board, then two bolts at the bottom to secure it as well. also brandon, it will prolly be covered cus it looks really appealing fromthe outside of the car (thieves) and didnt have enough mdf to make it go to the floor.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2223
gotcha. looks good though and yeah, i bet it looks good to thieves too, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1542
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Python-2-Way-Security-and-Remote-Start-System-wit h-Responder-Technology-PYTHON881XP-/sem/rpsm/oid/119100/catOid/-13097/rpem/ccd/p roductDetail.do

get that.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 576
here it is finished, gotta clean up the wiring, but im gonna hold off till i get my 0ga installed.
Upload
all finished
Upload
my 300/4 gotta sit on the floor till i make my new box and modify another amp rack
Upload
heres where im puttin my cd changer. a little more adjustments to get it perfect and a couple coats of paint. :-)
Upload
this is where it all goes down. my shed. i love the thing to death. that blue door is my pong table as well. :P

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 577
jeff i got a car alarm, but think, tell me one time you heard a car alarm go off and say to yourself, hey someone's car is being broken into, lets do something

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 578
^^ sorry jeff, i read it after i posted. im an idot. thats really cool. wish i had 400 bucks to buy it, ill look on ebay but i gotta buy a 200amp alt, and a TSX 12.44 this summer. im gonna be working my butt off!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2230
Alarms are good, but if someone really wants your stuff, they will get it. and like you said, no one pays attention to them either. thats why you need one with a 2-way paging system because if your alarm goes off, YOU will do something about it even if no one else around will, lol.

i hate theives, they should be skinned alive.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3015
someone took a crow bar to my car last weekend. they tried to pry the door open. about a grand worth of damage. they didnt get in though.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 916
Bassfishing, someone from Xtant told you that the A6001 did 645 wrms? I just talked to someone and they told me that it really does close to 750 wrms!!! I was like no way dude, and he was like ya, you can expect all of are amps to be underrated by 25%. He said that most of their amps that they bench test do 25%+ over what they are rated, I am just stoked, that is awesome. I knew they were underated, but I didn't know by that much. SWEET!

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 581
cool isaac. im pumped as well i though 645 was impressiver for it, now its 750. haha. i really gotta upgrade my alt so i can give it all the juice it needs for full potential. speakin of this new discovery, is 750 watts too much for a treo TSX 12.44?

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 923
At 750, I would almost feel comforatble powering 2 12.22's!! Yeah, I really hope that guy knew what he was talking about and just wasn't loading me with a bunch of garbage. But even then, if the amp only put out 6oo wrms, the sub is only 4oo rms. Some people swear by over powering by 50%, I on the other hand like to be a little closer. I'd say its up to you.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 583
would 750 be enough to fully power a 12" arsenal (still cant make up my mind, but i got a while to decide cus i dont have any money to buy one yet)

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 724
Now that's how you do an amp rack! Looks schweeeet

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 584
finally done with first two project. very impressed at myself how nicely this fit in with the car. oldschool alpine cd changer. date on back said it was made in 1995. works like a beatuy still. bought it in 2000 for 30 bucks from a neighbor
Upload
once again, BONDO. its so brittly i decided once it was dried, i used fiberglass resin before paint to make it a little stonger.
Upload
test fit
Upload
same color paint as my amprack, it has a nice texture to it too.

Upload
Upload
Upload
thats it!
now all i have left to do is get my 0ga wire dist block and all that, find some clean way to run it. get a new alt, upgrade big 3. get my treo or arsenal, build a box and another amp rack. this summers gonna be so fun!

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3020
very nice. goo work. i dont know why you didnt take the extra 15-30 minutes to get out every last blemish. or maybe cover it in matching vinal...

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 588
yeah i noitced a couple little flaws in it when i installed it.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 591
does anyone have the link to the thread about window tinting?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us