Can you mix subs

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 201
ok when i listen to rock i love 10's but when i listen to rap the 10's dont cut it cuz they cant hit the low low bass notes like a 12. but the 10's are louder at a higher hz. it seems like. is there anyway i can put a 10 and a 12 in my car and make it sound good? or what would it be like.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2198
not a good idea, you'd get some frequency cancellation.

you shouldn't need 2 different subs for different music though. sounds like your lacking in mid bass or a good quality sub.

also, the box can make a big difference.

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 202
i would put them in a sealed box. but yeah i dident think you could and make it sound good. but i love the way 10's hit at higher notes but as soon as a low bass note comes you cant really hear anything or feel anything. where with 12s it feels liek the cars gonna fall apart.

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 183
an idea i had was to go with 2 8s or 6.5 subs/midbass and maybe a 15 with several crossovers of course.
Or you could just get kick panels.
I have the same problem somewhat i'll let you know how it turns out.
I am roof mounting or installing in the rear doors 8s with a 350hz lp and a 90hz hp and a 15 in the back lp at 85hz. and of course on different amplifiers.
But yeah basically with the 12s your just lacking midbass
Someone also once reccommended that i mount some two-ways in a box but that would've given me too much midrange...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us