Sealed box sizes????

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 123
does sealed box size have to do wiht spl?
because i have a 15 arsenal and wanna do a sealed enclosure not sure if i wanna do 2.5cu.ft or 2 cu.ft., will this make any noticable diffrnce?
ps- leave comments i wont be back till i get off work at 9, so any comments appreciated!!

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 793
i just know that the more air you give them, the less power it takes to reach full excusion, but that also means that they cannot haddle as much power

correct me if im wrong or half right

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
bump

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 706
the larger the box the closer to free air the sub will get. so a bigger box will give you more excursion making it louder. if you make the box too big though you run the risk of bottoming out which will hurt your sub.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 213
is that the same with ported boxs, how can i tell if im bottaming out, is it that clicking sound(i did it with sonys not my Memphis's)

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
well aa website says 2 cu.ft, but if i give it 2.5 should i be ok?

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1068
If it says 2 I would do 2. The bigger a sealed box gets the more boomy it gets, the less power it can handle, and the less SQ you have. The small end is punchier, handles more power, and has better SQ.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 712
if you are trying to squeeze a little more spl out of a sealed box i would not waste your time and would go with a ported box. if you cant fit ported 2.5 should be all right and it would get a little louder that 2 cu ft.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us