SX or Havoc??

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 569
I still dont know much about subs that i hardly hear of out here so wut would you go with an SX or a Havoc? What would be the difference in sound?? Thanx guyz.

Ive heard the Havoc is really loud but the SX looks like a monster!

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 810
havoc will be alil louder

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 811
but if ur talkin on the 18 inch sx and15inch havoc will be pretty much the same dude check atomicspeakers.com and tell me if ur not interested in the apx 15 for 390 it wil be the cr@p of the havoc and sx by a mile dude

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 812
oh the sub will be new fresh from the factory

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 570
ApocalypseX? Wutz da specs?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 813
25k watts at 3 second bursts then i think 2.5 k rms ir will be the crap of the havoc and sx and will be alil louder than the re audio mt(thegrandatehr of the sx)

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 814
i meant the grand father is like this

sx>xxx>mt

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 815
look the mt is like 800 and the atomic will beat or keep up with the mt for 390

Bronze Member
Username: Jarvocop

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 85
Get the APXX muhaha

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 816
i know dude hey jarvo ur not interested???

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1048
Havoc would be louder and deeper than the SX. Don't go with that other stuff. Havoc and SX are so much better made. Personally I would put that 15" Havoc in a huge ported box and hear that thing get LOW.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 817
oh yeah my bad yeah if u want just good sound not too loud yeah go wit the sx or havoc if u want lot of spl go with the atomic

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 159
lilrob... die. lol. You cant even do a greater than/less than thing right. SX<XXX<MX in SPL.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 818
oh my bad yeah demon is <

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 307
wrong again. in just SPL it would go xxx<sx<mt the sx will get louder with the same power than the xxx. the xxx is geared more toward sq and is less efficient than the sx.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 847
yes two fiften, but not 100% right

1000 rms sx more spl and xxx more sq
1500 rms sx still more spl and less sq and xxx more sq and less spl
2000+rms sx less sq and spl than the xxx

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7141
nope^^^

If u where 2 give a sx 2000rms it would be louder then a XXX

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 848
no the sx was made for 1k rms but can easily take 1800 rms for along time?? yes but it will have limited excursion to 22mm the sx was made for 1000-1200 rms to make full excursion and xxx 32 mm (10mm more excursion than sx) 1500-2000 for make full excursion and xxx will move more air so it will hit harder than the sx with 2000+ watts comparing the same sizes, same box and same car. plus the xxx has better bl and better specs to get louder than the sx why dont u think re audio didnt put the sx above the xxx and next to the mt just my 0.2$$

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 850
to make spl u will need to move air right?? so excursion is the larger the woofer will move right??
bl is the thing to measure how powerfull is the magnet right??
so why the xxx have better excursion and better bl than the sx?? thats just for sq???

i dont think so. i think the sx will get louder in a certain power at between 1000-1500 like i said to make full excursion and the xxx will take more watts to make its excursion 10 mm more than sx. so at 1000-1500 the sx will move at 22mm and the xxx lesst than that, when u add more power to it will increase the mm or excursion i dont know by how much maybe 2-2.5 mm until it will beat the 22mm of the sx and givin more power will move more air until stops at 32mm but if u give it more power it will stay at 32 mm but move faster (like the megaman) in other words will move from the inside out faster blowin more air and wat that means????

a. more spl

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1794
ok if this is true lilrob how does the arsenal get louder than a avalanche when the arsenal has a lower xmax, lower bl, and lower rms rating, yet it gets louder than the old ava, hows that possible.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3506
what the VOICE COILS are rated at......DOES NOT DETERMINE how many watts it takes for the motor structure to reach maximum linear excursion.:-):-):-)

so if an IDMAX is rated at 1000wRMS.....it does not reach 80% of its Xmax at 800wRMS.....it is a very efficient sub and does not require all of its VC power handling capabilities to reach maximum output.

on the other hand......say a DD 2510:-)

a DD 2510 is rated at 500wRMS(VERY underrated)
and it does not reach its full output until wayyy after it's rated VC power hadnling.

the SX has a more efficient motor.....which means with a given amount of power it will have a louder output than the XXX....b/c of its lesser efficient motor design that can't make as much output as the SX with the same given power.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 719
what about the new xxx it has about 5" of excursion.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 851
im not sayin that the power determines the output of a speakers is alot of things like car,power,box, and freq the arsenals can have less specs than the avalanche but it will move faster movin more air.

im not sayin to the true rms look bro i said between 1000-1500 rms the sx is rated at 1k so plus 500 will reach its full potencial ur talkin with the idmax muddy so for reachin full potential will be like 1500 too or maybe more if its very underated and that will reach its excursion if u trow more power u only make the woofer move faster if u trow even more power will move faster until the voice coil burn for the heat of the movin mass.

maybe the arsenal will get louder cuz its has less weight on the woofer makin it move faster with less excursion and is tuned higher than avalanche makin it more spl than ol avalanche

Gold Member

Post Number: 3507
i can never understand what you are saying......lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3508

quote:

if u trow more power u only make the woofer move faster if u trow even more power will move faster until the voice coil burn for the heat of the movin mass.

what?????

20hz is still 20hz....even if it is 150wRMS or 1500wRMS....it is still only 20 cycles per second.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3509
the more power you use.....the faster the sub will move in and out, yes,......but it will also cool itself faster too.

Bronze Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 30
lol why you guys always picking on ll rob cause hes a easy target? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3513
cuz sometimes he just don't make sense.....whether it be from retarded logic.....or from a failure to communicate from his wack-a.s.s. typing. lol

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 830
wait muddy, u said 20 cycles is 20 cycles, right? so no matter how much poer u put to it, it will still move at 20 cycles per second right? so wouldnt it be better to say, the more power u give it, the further the sub will move??? if it moved faster in and out it wouldnt be 20 cycles per second anymore.

not trying ot be an a** or lose a customer,lol, just puttin in my 2 cents.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 854
oh ok muddy trow 20k watts rms to your sony sub and see if the fire that will come out will stop thanks to that power

oh i dont spend 10 hours each day typin on the computer just for you guys hahah, and when i type im always doin things i dont have all day to correct my typin so keep it real bro

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 855
if u dont type good that doesnt meant i don not know shi!t about subwoofer hahaha

Gold Member

Post Number: 3517
so wouldnt it be better to say, the more power u give it, the further the sub will move??? if it moved faster in and out it wouldnt be 20 cycles per second anymore.

--------------------------------------------

yeah, i came across wrong....i was talking with the GF while i was typing. lol

quote:

oh ok muddy trow 20k watts rms to your sony sub and see if the fire that will come out will stop thanks to that power

what do you mean? what are you even trying to say?
everybody knows that if you give that much power to a sony sub....let alone 98% of the subs on the market....that they will blow up....so what is your point??????????

Gold Member

Post Number: 3519
actually johnny, the subwoofer does have to move faster.....b/c it has to cover more area with its excursion.

it will still hit 20 cycles per second....it just has to get to point a and b faster.

like if you were to swing your finger in front of your face.....count 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 as you go back and forth.....then make the distance twice as long, but keep the saying 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 at the same pace.....your finger has to move faster from point a to b to keep the same cyles.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3520
how many of you just tried that after reading it.:-) hahaha

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 831
oooo ok i gotcha muddy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3521
besides.....power has nothing to do with how fast the speaker moves that is the damping factor and slew rate of the amplifier, and the rms power fluctuates seriously between different enclosures.

also, xmax has nothing to do with a ported enclosure which all 3 woofers are recommended for:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3522
from James Longo^^^:-):-)

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 29
SX enough said

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7163
^^^Nope both givin there rec watts, and proper enclosure, the Havoc will eat an sx

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 628
Damn i had even forgot about this thread, it got fu*kin huge!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3523
{^^^Nope both givin there rec watts, and proper enclosure, the Havoc will eat an sx}

Thank you!
geez....

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 667
I would really like to know who has actually heard either of the subs? Seems to be a lot of experts lately on the hAvoc and SX. Just a comment/question...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3038
you haha. so lets listen to what you have to say.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 631
Hey baseball1187 when are you gonna put a better video of ur Havoc on realmorexcursion.com??

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
i own an RE SX12. sounds damn good and loud. cant say sh!t about the havoc since ive never heard one. But hopefully within a week or 2 ill have my kick zx1000.1 for my sx, so it will finally be getting its full power, and i should be stopping at a guys shop in ohio to get it metered afterwards. its in a 1.9 cu. ft. enclsure with a slot vent tuned to 32 Hz, in a 2000 2 dr cavalier. After all this is done, i dont know what amp baseball1187 is running to his havoc, what enclosure, or what car, but if he gets his metered then we'll have somewhere to start comparing directly...

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 670
TJ probably never. The hAvoc isnt a very impressive sub to look at. If that's what you're into, you should check out the 06 XXX. I am currently working on a video of flexing and such.

as far as the hAvoc vs. SX... hAvoc is a very musical sub, amazing SQ... SPL, well, definitely the loudest sub I've had. It literally blows the SX away :-).

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 671
oh, and he hAvoc plays pretty low, I still think the avalanche perhaps sounded better below 30hz. However it absolutely pounds up high too, my box is tuned rather low so I was surprised at the upper end response. This made it a lot easier to cross with my mids.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 769
lol i asked u the same ? on my other thread, ignore it. No i was just wondering cuz my plan in the future is to get a havoc, but i wanted to see how it looked while being pumped an bumped. Where would i buy one at??

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 770
Hey baseball u know my ? on my other thread about wanted a sub to play low and loud where it soundz just tight outside the car? Would the havoc play songs like late night tip low and loud?? Thanx man.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 673
yea, port it around 30-35hz.. the hAvoc peaks at or slightly below it's port tuning for some reason, you can port the box a little higher. (most subs peak a little above their port tuning). It will be very loud if you give it a clean 1000-1500w. I'm going to be selling mine with the amp (mb quart raa1000) for 600 shipped probably.

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
why are you sellin it, if you dont mind me asking

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 675
tired of my mirror falling down. possibly getting a new car. and if you know me, i dont keep a setup longer than 3 months

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 796
lol thanx baseball1187.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7255
how much for just the sub???

Silver Member