Adire Brahma - need a little help.

Username: Deathshadowbal

Post Number: 1
My current setup:

1. 12" 500W Alpine Type R
2. Alpine MRP-M650 600 Watt amp (2 ohms)
3. Q-logic Single 12" Ported Enclosure

This is sitting in the extra cab of my Toyota Taco - it gets loud!

For one sub this setup impresses me very nicely (certain lows will make my teeth rattle).

I am looking for more "punch" power and I think the brahma 12" may be what I am looking for.

My questions are:

1. could I run two Alpine MRP-M650 amps to one brahma (one to each coil). If I got a DVC 2 Ohm Brahma and ran two Alpine MRP-M650s that would bring 600W to each coil at 2 ohms correct? (not sure how I would wire two amps to power one sub outside the box though).

2. Would I notice a definate power increase even if I just swapped the R out for the brahma and ran 600W to it?

thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 783
You would notice a difference in SQ from the R to the Brahma and possibly some output not too much. Just a clearer sense of output. I don't believe the MRPM650 has a "master slave" option just an output so you would need someone to set it up for you correctly with the gains. You would hear a big difference from one MRPM650 to two though as output would increase for sure. If you're looking for punch though, i'd say go with the IDMAX instead of Brahma or get another box built as the Q logic boxes are typically tuned high( i think most are tuned to 38hz) and not low like it should be. I would get a slot vented box tuned to 28hz and that should give it more punch.

Post Number: 2
Bump... I want to make some purchases by the end of the day :-(.

Post Number: 3
Really? just an SQ dif? I thought for sure the Brahma would hit harder! My master plan is to drop the brahma in a Sub Zero box later down the road but just for now use the box I have. I wish there was a way to use the two MRP-M650s (I get them for nutty cheap).

Post Number: 4
bump! :-D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us