Hey sony's signal to noise ratio is high then the others

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 20
it reached up to 120 db, but for some reason other unit like the new clarion which only has 81 db sig noise ratio sound better in cd

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1051
You can find ways to rate a Sony at 120db. That isnt the real number though, the clarion actually has an 81db sig/noise ratio. Don't go off those numbers, go off features and sound when choosing a radio.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3013
120db and a SN of 81 are completely different specifications that can't be compared...

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 22
so by saying that clarion really has a 81 sn/ration.it means good. but what impresses me about the new sony hu is that it has a great hdeq settings built in which means pretty much all fm station and cd will sound in high def. let me hear your side

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3016
Are we discussing Sony v. Clarion? As far as the lower to mid series units are concerned, they are about the same in features, though Sony will probably have more most of the time, though Clarion in my mind will always win out Sony in terms of build quality (even though Clarion has some pretty sad heatsink designs on some of their units).

When you start to get into the higher end head units, the Clarion's will maul anything Sony has to put against them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us