Amp for Sub type x

Bronze Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 18
I've ordered a pair of Alpine SWX 1042D type x subs. Which amp under $200 will be best for them?

Username: Cowelly_1991

Townsville, QLD Australia

Post Number: 3
200 dollars? um thats a tuff one...usually X's need a crap load of power...but depending on prices in america...Alpine V power amps should do...but still...The X type goes extremely well with Alpine digital amps...But any alpine amp should go well with it...save your money or get a loan and get a powerful amp and feel the power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Hello Josh,
I can fetch up my budget a little more may be one or two hundred of dollars. Please specify me a model to get maximum or atleast a good bass. Also tell me, I am getting a pair of R type for 179 dollars (US) and I got this pair for 189 USD, was I right to choose X rather R?

Post Number: 4
Absolutely...now R types are great subs...but the pinacle is obviously X's, they may be maybe twice the price...but they are more than twice the power...and more than twice the SQ...All the alpine Show cars used to use alot of R types...but even with The F1 status cars...X types are always used...they are very reliable and have great quality...but the model numbers im not sure about...My dad owns a car audio buisness here in australia and sells alot of alpine...and i asked him and he cant think of a model number off the top of his head...but in www.alpine.com it shows you what you can run with the X type...but any amp would be good...but the thing is...the x can run off any amp...and wont sound softer with less power...its just that the X can take so much more power than any other alpine sub...and many other subs in Car audio...But i could keep you informed..but purchasing an X was a very smart move...the only reason alot dont...is because it is quite expensive...but for max power...an X could take more than just one digital amp...but for Technical explinations im not the guy to explain it lol. But R types are still very good quality and make very good stuff...dont go swapping what youve got in the R types...But you dont always have to buy alpine...but for its range...alpine is the best car audio in the world...but when you come to subwoofers...for quality Focals are better than alpine...but only because focal only make speakers, subs and amps...alpine make Everything you can imagine in car audio...Alpine is a great brand and the top stuff in alpine is F1 status...and X type subs

Post Number: 5
Absolutely...now R types are great subs...but the pinacle is obviously X's, they may be maybe twice the price...but they are more than twice the power...and more than twice the SQ...All the alpine Show cars used to use alot of R types...but even with The F1 status cars...X types are always used...they are very reliable and have great quality...but the model numbers im not sure about...My dad owns a car audio buisness here in australia and sells alot of alpine...and i asked him and he cant think of a model number off the top of his head...but in www.alpine.com it shows you what you can run with the X type...but any amp would be good...but the thing is...the x can run off any amp...and wont sound softer with less power...its just that the X can take so much more power than any other alpine sub...and many other subs in Car audio...But i could keep you informed..but purchasing an X was a very smart move...the only reason alot dont...is because it is quite expensive...but for max power...an X could take more than just one digital amp...but for Technical explinations im not the guy to explain it lol. But R types are still very good quality and make very good stuff...dont go swapping what youve got in the R types...But you dont always have to buy alpine...but for its range...alpine is the best car audio in the world...but when you come to subwoofers...for quality Focals are better than alpine...but only because focal only make speakers, subs and amps...alpine make Everything you can imagine in car audio...Alpine is a great brand and the top stuff in alpine is F1 status...and X type subs

Post Number: 6
sorry posted two messages then lol

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2081
I doubt youll find a new amp for that price range, need to look for used.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1501
^^^agreed.....I doubt Hifonics will even be in that range

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Please tell me a model of amp rather than alpine since I've already spent $600 to buy a pair of Type X subs of alpine. I need an amp between $400 which are able to push the type x pair without any problem and is a last long and without any electrical upgrade in my car.

Post Number: 8
# 1000W x 1 RMS [2U @ 14.4V 1% THD]
# 700W x 1 RMS [4U @ 14.4V 1% THD]
# 700W x 1 RMS [2U @ 12V 1% THD]
# S/N Ratio 90dBA (IHF A Weighted Reference at Rated Power into 4U)
# 500W x 1 RMS [4U @ 12V 1% THD]
# Thermal Management
# Amplifier Lin

Thats the Amp that Fully runs the X type, so nething from 700W to 1000w amp could easily run this...and keep it nice and loud...but what your looking for i wouldnt know...Go into your local Car audio dealership and ask them about a 700w to 1000w amp...Sorry i couldnt help your properly...but if you want your X's to sound really good...you need to have it backed up by great amps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Thanx josh for specifying the tech spec. I want to tell you that I couldnt find any amp which is available here in according to these specs as also I am a new bie in this field. Let me know just the power minimum power to use a brand name. So I can look for. Also tell me that connecting a four ohm subs with lesser make any effect on quality or not

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
what about MTX Thunder

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 610
dont pay attention to josh, those specs are for one amp and all amps don't have the same specs, it's probably an amp his dad sells and he's just trying to make a sale. but you can use any amp you want. i'd give each sub about 800-1200w. you could try any number of brands, but your budget doesn't fit much. some good brands are pg, kicker, jl, re, ed, etc. there's plenty more. but if your on a tight budget you could either try ebay or wait until the nine.1 is back in stock and pick up a pair of those.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP ME TO SELECT AN AMP BEWLO THE $400 PRICE TAGGGGGG

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Hey CTMIKE,
tell me about these amps of these brands:
AUDIOBAHN
SONY
KENWOOD
THE PUNCH
FUSION
VISIONIK

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Hey CTMIKE,
tell me about amps of these brands:
AUDIOBAHN
SONY
KENWOOD
THE PUNCH
FUSION
VISIONIK

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Well, do the brand name affects the performance besides checking the power of the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7912
i cant remember but ur located in India right ?....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Ya Rovin

Post Number: 9
Oi dude, how am i trying to make a sale...i live in australia...i am trying to help the guy out...oi and dont get Fusion, its crap...its just amplifiers speakers and head units from china or japan, and they put there label and theme on it...if you want to you can order a pair of speakers from these corperations and put your name on it...Fusion dont have factories where they make there own stuff....And Sony is cheap crap too...we dont sell kenwood but out of those brands its probably the most reliable stuff and its also a good brand..people always look for SPL...but i could spend three hours and 500 bux and put out about 140+ DB with the right equipment...Go for SQ...that way your system wont sound like crap...but like Ctmike said...you can run these subs off anything...i was just showing you what i know..personally i keep all my subs amps and head unit in the one brand...easier to do...but you can do whatever you want...but for amps for a good price range...go for the kenwoods

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 348
I picked up a hifonics b2005d brutis amp off ebay for around 300.00 and runs 2000rms@ 1 ohm
Heresone i found
http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BX2005D-2000w-MONO-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQitem Z9726717543QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BRUTUS-BXi2006D-MONO-D-2000W-AMPLIFIER-06-NEW_W0QQi temZ9728457957QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXI-2006D-BRUTUS-2000W-AMPLIIFER-BXI2006D-NEW_W0QQi temZ9727309885QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Thanx Thomas for your kind help. If possible, let me know how to onnect two TYPE X 1042D model with them for max performance

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 618
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC4x2

follow the first diagram for a 1ohm load.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 619
my bad, i didn't realize the link brings up all the diagrams. scroll down until the fourth picture, the one that says:

2 subs / Dual Voice Coil - 4 ohms x 2
Option #1

follow that and you'll be good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Dude if i were you, get it profesionally installed...not only do they do a better and cleaner job...but they tune your Subs properly, if you try and tune it you'll blow the sub and the amp...and depending on what amp you get...they may not fix it or will take a long time to...it may cost like 100 bux...but its totally worth it

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 621
"but they tune your Subs properly, if you try and tune it you'll blow the sub and the amp"

i tuned mine and i didn't blow anything. and if you know how to install your stuff you can do just as clean job, if not better, than "professional" installers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
If you went to a good installer, they tune your amp properly...You probably cant hear the difference...but people with experience definatly can

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 630
"If you went to a good installer, they tune your amp properly...You probably cant hear the difference...but people with experience definatly can"

actually i can hear the difference dumba@@! i've actually fixed amps of my friends after they spent alot of money having systems installed and 'tuned properly'

"Xs arent the loudest, i explained that..but they are the some of the best sounding subs you can buy"

and after saying a stupid a@@ comment like that^^ i don't think you have any room to say who can hear the difference between a properly and improperly tuned amp.

and stop going around telling everyone to get a type x. first you say thier the loudest, then there not. then you say there the best sounding. sounds like this is your first pair of subs you've ever bought and don't know any better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Yeah rito, i could afford X's for my first those crap and unreliable brands...im not telling people to buy anything...im sharing my opinion...And your a proper installer hey? Yeah you probably get this information off the net lol...I dont know what Installers are like in, well wherever you live...but ive heard of a lot of people screwing there systems just coz they think they can install...if your so good, go get your apprenticeship as an installer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
ive just had personal experience with those crap and unreliable brands****

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 631
"Yeah you probably get this information off the net"

nope

"And your a proper installer hey?"

never said that and never will. i don't even claim to be the smartest when it comes to car audio and never will. but i do know some things on installing a system, not alot but some. but i do know now, from experience, people on this site, and being friends with certified installers (one who has been ranked a top 100 u.s. installer last few years) how to tune my amps.

"ive just had personal experience with those crap and unreliable brands****"

and what brands exactly are the 'crap' ones you've had all this expereince with? probably sony, lanzar, audiobahn, dual, and all those others so of course your x's is better.

and are you a certified installer? if not then don't make the assumption that since you had to have your amp tuned by a 'professional' that everyone else should also.

Bronze Member
Username: Grat81

Carbondale, IL USA

Post Number: 75
lmao I'm running 2x 12" X's on one JBL1200.1 each. They run fine and kick my @$$ on a daily basis. Each costs around 200 bucks on ebay I think. good luck finding an amp that will power 2 of them for 200 bucks. ouch. ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Mate my fathers had a car audio buisness for 20 years, and got best car audio sales buisness in QLD (the state i live in) for 5 years in a row 99 - 2003... and we've had a lot of different brands, and ive never said that X's are the best, if you read the top it said "some of the loudest 12 inch subs"
The installer we have is rater in the top 20 best installers in Austrlia, and he was into all these brands, and SPL...but now he even says, that SPL is crap, and to buy it, is pretty cheap, but to get a good SQ, you need to spend around 20,000 bux at least...and where did you hear x's? by the sounds of these guys theyve prolly heard them off 700W amps, which is less then half of its peak power...An no we've never bothered even selling sony, lanzar, audio bahn and dual...After many years you hear of people complaining about there subs breaking down, and the only reason i talk up Alpine, is because, out of all the brands we've had, alpine is by far the most reliable, and we've had nearly had every brand except Eclipse and orion (naming some main stream brands)

So dont think you can make Big statements about Car audio when you havent had alot of experience with it at all

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 632
"and ive never said that X's are the best"

i'll quote you then:

"Probably the best Subs you can by on the market"

what YOU said about the type x^^^^

"and where did you hear x's?"

plenty of times, and to tell the truth i liked my type r's better. and others would probably agree. the type x is way to overpriced a sub for what you get. not saying it's the worst just not worth the money.

"So dont think you can make Big statements about Car audio when you havent had alot of experience with it at all"

when the hell you think i made big statements? and how you know how long i've been around car audio? or anyone else on this forum for that? and what you talking about, you just think you know sh!t cause your dad, so don't come hear starting sh!t just cause your dad owns a store and think your smarter than everyone else.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thered be heaps more people that would know more about car audio then me...but ive been around car audio all my life...and you have probably had a system for 5 years at the most (depending on your age)...and ive heard the x types with 3000w power (its max) and they sound better then r types, and i remember that r types were very expensives subs in the beggining, and alpine was in general was alot more expensive then what it is now...and i wasnt the one starting sh!t, you went off because i made a statement, i mearly backed myself up

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 633
first of all, i aint start no sh!t. i was merely trying to let him know he doesn't need to have an amp with the exact specs you had listed for his x's, cause the way you posted it was to confusing for someone who doesn't know what to look for since he's getting his first system. you started sh!t when you posted:

"If you went to a good installer, they tune your amp properly...You probably cant hear the difference...but people with experience definatly can"

i was merely backing myself up when you assumed i didn't know sh!t on how to tune my amp. you're the one who tried to assume how much experience someone had, not me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Rito, i wasnt meant to put it that way, but if you saw it that way, fine...but i was putting the specs from the alpine site.

"dont pay attention to josh, those specs are for one amp and all amps don't have the same specs, it's probably an amp his dad sells and he's just trying to make a sale"
Your quote
i wasnt trying to make a sale i was telling him what it can take, i was trying to say they sound best with maximum power...i never said nething about he has to buy a digital amp for 1000 bux...and i couldnt have made him a sale, i live in australia?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 634
my bad on the trying to make a sale thing, but thats exactly how it did sound. again, i was trying to clear up amp selection for him since you put it in terms he wouldn't understand by posting specs for one specific amp. and if you reread it you're the one who started this long a@@ thread by saying i was to inexperienced to tune my amp, i was merely pointing out not everyone has to have an installer do it for them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
fair enuf

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Hello Guys, please don't fight with each other. I just got confused after reading these quotes. Now seller had made a choice for me, he said whether you can buy X or R, we will offer you. But one is saying X are louder and the other is saying R are louder, please clear it so I can pay off the remaining to seller and start booming around the roads!!!
Just tell me that which should be bought to get maximim BASS/ Loudness, now I can afford both.
Please help me out

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Also, if someone can, let me know how to connect a MONO amp with 2 type X 1042D and with 2 Type R 1242D for maximum bass.
Conmsidering the amp having a power of 1000 watts RMS at 1 OHM

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2243
if you get get type r's , give them around 600 - 800 watts each

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 635
i'd get the r's. not only are they cheaper, but it costs less to power them and they are more of an sql sub while the x is a sq sub. if you want better bass, i'd say the r. just make sure you pick the right voice coil config. for your amp. did you already buy that 1000wrms amp you mentioned?

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 122
i heard a 12" type R i got a 10"type X it wasnt muchlouder and the typeX souned way clearer. the 12" type R maybe was 4 db louder then my 10type X considering mines a 10 yet... and that was a 12"R. i got a kicker2500.1 running a type X to itself and the gain turned to over half which is around 1500watts rms and the type X is louded and sounding nicely. if u want an amp that can give them a sh*it loud of power 2 type X's and 2 kicker2500.1 would give them plenty of power to work them in nicely thats prob what iam gona end up doing. 1 orion 2500d can run a pair of type X's but not as good as 2 kicker 2500.1's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
well, not yet. i havent bought the amp mentioned. actually, i m still in the confusion. one quote here says that elec sys of car should be upgraded before connecting an 1000 wrms amp. let me know one thing, if i bought a 750 wrms amp for powering up type r's, will i have to upgrade elec sys?
one also said that for powerin the type r, give them 600 - 800 each, was that mean a 1200 - 1600 wrms amp?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 644
if you plan on using 1000w amp, go ahead and upgrade now. and 750wrms to 2 type r's is not enough. when i first got mine i was putting 400w to each and they were ok, but then i put 600w+ to each and it made all the diff. so if you go with the r's def.give them at least 600-700wrms. and go with a ported box and you'll be happy.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 123
a ported box tuned to 40 hz! lol man would that be loud

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 646
it'd be loud but no sq at all!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Get the R's man, X's are louder (with full wattage) but if you get r's....there good subs, and you can save alot of money for many other things aswell...But i dont know how much your budget it, nor do i know what you wanna go with your car, but if i were you, get the R's, and get a Huge box made for it...and make sure you have an amp for each sub for alot of Bass...But just a word of warning, SPL installs unfortunatly dont look all that good...But they can....but usually there just a giant box with subs and amps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Well, Than.
I want to know Should I bouight an amp having a power of 700 wattsrms or 700 x 2 watt rms? i.e. around 1400wrms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Ctmike, what sort of system do you have, and do you have a pic of your install at all..youve said you got R's, but thats all i know...and if neone else could send in pics of there system, could you?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
wat about this legacy amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEGACY-NEON-ICE-1600w-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFI ER-AMP_W0QQitemZ8068619306QQcategoryZ38638QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 647
josh, i used to run 2 r's ported ran off a kicker 1200.1 but now i have 2 w3's ported. but hopefully within the next month i'll have my two 12" arsenals installed if the amps i want ever get back instock so i can order them.

and that amp is def. budget amp thats overrated so you wont see the full 800w.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Sweet

Bronze Member
Username: Dlenz4437

Post Number: 38
hey ctmike, about how much louder are the w3's than your old type r's, cuz i had 2 type r's too and now i'm gettin 2 w3's with a 500/1 lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us