Type R

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 182
My friend wants to kno would it be a good upgrade to switch from two 12cvr's to two 12type r's. which is louder, and is it by alot or very little

Bronze Member
Username: Mahoney

Norris CityUSA

Post Number: 24
if im not mistaking cvrs will play louder but type rs have better SQ than the CVRs...

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 184
Anyone else?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 232
stay with the CVR's

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2214
i say go with r's :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Stnorris

Post Number: 74
i wouldnt upgrade to them. Even if the r's have better sq, it wont be much..I like my Cvrs right now. It seems that would almost be like selling your cvrs, and buying 2 new cvrs...

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1104
Well lets see for 12"s

Kicker CVR 400rms 800maxx

Alpine R 500rms 1500maxx

And I have heard of people giving their R's 700rms with great success, And IMO R's do have better SQ and just as much if not more bass.

I know 2 people with CVR's one is on his second set of CVR12's and the other has a CVR15 in a ported box, and even they will admit my R's are louder in or out of my car.

CVR's make a good budget sub just dont buy them used.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7909
IMO - switching from 2 400wrms subs to 2 500wrms is no real/major difference (@ur price level that is ) = waste of time

if u really want 2 hear/feel a big difference go to 2 750wrms or 2 1000wrms subs .....

Username: Cowelly_1991

Townsville, QLD Australia

Post Number: 2
R's...they have exelent SQ, and are alot louder than CVRS with the right channeling...Plus your R's will last alot longer than CVRs...but its up to you...R's can be pricey

Bronze Member
Username: Mahoney

Norris CityUSA

Post Number: 32
one of my friends has a 2000 watt profile california series amp hooked to 2 type r's and it slams with no distortion

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 794
i think there is good reason for the R's to cost more, but i also think that you could use the same power to run 2 rs (1200w RMS or so) to run three CVR's, in which case i would take the CVRs, but of course that may be a bit more money, depending on where you get them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us