Whats the deal with bandpass boxes?

Bronze Member
Username: Anacard

Dimond Bar, CA United States

Post Number: 29
why are they so bad? they say they put out alot bass and paly real low ....sound good for hip hop?

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1082
Because there is a panel blocking part of the sub.

If all you want is boom and deep and no SQ then its what you want . But why do that??

Bronze Member
Username: Anacard

Dimond Bar, CA United States

Post Number: 31
Bandpass boxes: Maximum slam!
Bandpass boxes are a special type of ported box designed for maximum slam. The woofer is mounted inside a dual-chambered box (one chamber sealed, the other ported), with the sound waves emerging from the ported side. The sound that comes out of the port is extra loud within a narrow frequency range.

Because bandpass boxes are super efficient within that range, they tend to boom. Their aggressive sound is great for rap, reggae, and hard rock. Not all subwoofers work well in bandpass boxes, though; consult our product information or call a Product Advisor to be sure.

sorry i was reading that what do you all think?

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1085
If that's what you want. But they are not for everyone.

I like a little SQ with my bass.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1307
Bose uses 6th order bandpasses with there systems so what's wrong with those boxes? bose is great better than everything out there. they are the best!

haha guys i'm joking. i hate bost and there intense marketing. Wiley if you want something loud go with a ported box tuned at like 35-40hz and make the box slightly bigger than what the sub is ment to go in.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2165
a custom made band pass box for specific drivers would sound nice, but you'd have to find someone who really knew what they are doing and pay quite a bit. the problem is, most are not custom made and are prefab so you will get a wide range of results depending on what subs you decide to put in the prefab box.

when compared to a normal ported or even sealed box, a prefab band pass box will sound like crap. using the same subs obviously.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us