Wires?

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 108
Alright so i never see anyone talking prices on all the wireups and stuff, so i was just wondering, to power up 2 10''s dual 4 ohm to a mono amp, what kind of wires do i need and how much are they going to run me. In addition, if i wanted to run 6 speakers to the amp maybe as well? possible? if so how? what wires? prices? ect.

haha damn, sorry im such an idiot with this stuff but you guys are all really chlil so i dont feel that dumb asking....just stupid:-) haha

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1131
for amp installation use:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=eKo-K4

this is what you can use. if gives you all you need for hookin ur amp up, and hookin ur subs up as well.
speaker wire = from amp to sub
power/ground etc = amp wiring from HU and batt

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Major Noob here....lemme see if i get this right

19 Feet 4 AWG Metallic Blue eKo Power Wire(amp to head unit)

3 Feet 4 AWG Silver Pearl eKo Ground Wire (amp to head unit)
One inline fuse holder with 80A AGU Fuse (huh?)

One 5 Meter eKo InterKonnect Blue OFC RCA Cable with Built in Turn On lead (Huh?)

10 Feet BLUE Klear Kable OFC 16 Gauge Speaker Wire (subwoofer to amp)

2 Gold Plated 4 AWG Ring Terminals (huh?)

2 Gold Plated 4 AWG Spade Terminals (huh?)

6 feet Split Loom and wire ties (whats spit loom?)

haha thats about all i know, and it doesnt make much sence, sorry im such an idiot:-) thanks

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 878
speaker wire is cheap. if all you need is speaker wire then just go to a local store that has it. if you need a whole amplifier wiring kit the link above is a good place to start.

you're not supposed to run speakers to mono amps. you are going to need to get a 4 maybe 6 channel amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
alright i gotcha, so if i wanna power up the speakers id need to go else where with it....but if for temporary i could just hook them up still to a head unit right

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 879
the power wire goes from the power terminal on the amp to the battery.

the ground goes from the ground terminal on the amp to a close metal bolt on the car.

the RCA cable goes from the RCA's on the amp to the RCA's on the headunit. the "built in turn on lead" goes from the REM terminal on the amp to the back of the headunit where there should be a wire that is not in use that is for an external amp.

speaker wire goes from subs or speakers to amp.

ring terminals are these metal things that accept the wire on 1 side and it has a hole on the other side for easy installation or screwing down those wires. here is what they look like...
Upload

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 880
yes you can hook up your speakers to the headunit

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
thanks man, the one one lil confusion is the RCA, what does that stand for, i know the extra cable your talking about for the "lead" but not the RCA cable, i dont have a head unit, but from previous experiance that external amp cable was the only on i remember that was extra

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 885
are you saying you dont have a head unit at all or just dont have an after market head unit?

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
haha after market....and yet...i will just not yet

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 744
canu find me a wire for this sub maybe 12 or 10 gauge

Upload

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 887
then your going to need a line out converter (LOC) to hook up an amp. or just wait until you get an after market headunit..

oh and by the way-
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1901
lol matt that was a god one sorry lilrob but my dd would still beat your 18" sx lol and we have seen a 18" sub before so dont think it is that special so stop posting itn every single thread its just annoying

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 757
i know dude just wanted to let u know damn bro u got issues

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1902
who me ya sure i do im scared now lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
application/mswordUpload
Go for it.doc (42.5 k)

I know i didnt get everything but that is just a beggining. What wires am i missed and what have i hooked up incorrectly. This is all that i understood. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
Dont know why that didnt work but it think everyoe has word...? how can i have it post up

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Sorry i am bumping i just need to go to sleep for the night and i dont want it to get lost over night:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us