Treo csx 18"

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 424
wut does it compare to....
how loud do u think itll get if powered properly??? also wut if i can get one for around 300??? good idea???

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 139
how could you get one for 300

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1864
if you could get one for 300 yes very good deal but then again i have a feeling your talking about a tsx but a csx would not be used for a daily driver just competition

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 181
GET IT IF YOU CAN GET IT FOR 300! its sticker price is like 1000 i think. it is comparable to a dd 9915, re new XXX, and other top of the line subs.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1865
it is not comparable to a dd 9500 or a new xxx it is a total spl driver not a sql driver liek the other 2 you pointed out it would kill them in spl a ssx is comparable to a dd 9500 not sure about the new xxx cause havent heard much about them but for some reason i dont think the xx is as loud as a 9500 or a ssx

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
im sure its a csx and im probably not guna buy it but heres the link its used and wen i asked him if he gaurentees it against doa he sed yes

im either really nice guy or stupid: heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D8066208094

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 132
Looks like a csx not a bad deal, id pick it up if I didnt already have my sub.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TREO-CSX-18-DUAL-2-OHM-SUBWOOFER_W0QQcmdZViewItem QQcategoryZ38647QQitemZ8066208094QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1866
ya not bad but it costs like 80 bucks to ship but still if it runs its a great deal i would say buy it if i had like 400 bucks to blow i would grab it right now

Silver Member

Post Number: 427
BUT THT SUB IS STRICTLY FOR COMPITIONS Y BOTHER BUYING IT IF IT IS ONLY GUNNA BE LOUD....CONSIDERING IF U CAN FIND SUFFICIENT POWER TO SUPPLY THE SUB AND ALSO HAVE A EXTRAORDINARY CHARGING SYSTEM....I FIGURED ITS NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE ALL FOR THE INCHES..ALSO THE BOX WOULD HAVE TO BE HUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEE..

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
didnt bump!!!???

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1867
it is worth it cause it is a amazing piece of equipment and you could prob sell it for more or if you want to compete there you go

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1128
DD are an SPL orientated sub hence the 34hz free air resonance, the Treo SSX is an SQL sub with a free air resonance of around 25hz. The SSX is the daily driver the CSX is not and cannot handle anything over a short burst, it will over heat! Even with the vented pole piece, which that one does not have, it will not do good as a daily driver. That subs seems beat to hell, IMO...Polo. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 126
he didnt put much info on it and you know its been beat pretty hard since he had to glue the dust cap back on

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2849
the only time i ever BLEW a dustcap off, was with my TSX 12... what a way to break them in... but yea, dustcaps can come off, if not glued really good..

but that bein a CSX, he proberly pounded it into the dirt, then cleaned it off.. I would still get it as a spl project, cause that price is crazy..

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1031
dust caps pop off all the time on SPL subs. alot of brands sell them for like 20 bucks so if your not happy with it go ahead and get a new one.

what polo said is 100% correct. its not an everyday sub at all.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1876
"what polo said is 100% correct. its not an everyday sub at all"

okay i know what you are saying but no what polo said was not 100% correct
http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=47
polo read this you keep on saying DD is only spl but its not true at all they are actually ment to sound good they were first created for studio use and not cars so for a studio they have to sound good but people like you that dont know any better just say they get loud and thats it but my 9512 sounds amazing so until you hear one I wouldnt talk

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 139
uh oh spaghetti o's.. polo gon' get u now.. i love debates like this man

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2972
yeah, polo the ssx is not the god of subwoofers. infact, id rather have a 9500. when did you learn that the fs determines how good a driver is? a sub does not, i repeat, does not stop playing below its fs.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1892
i dont care its a fact lol let him say what he wants but i know what hear everyday when i step into my car and countless other poeople would agree with me on it but ya ive been waiting on his response

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2973
and incase you havent noticed. even the 9100, dd's best SQ sub, doesnt have a fs below 30. and they do know sq.

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 732
this is wat u excpect from a 18 inch sub Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1135
Hmmm, you lucky I just woke up! FS does not depict what it will sound like but in fact where you will tune it! DD recommends a 40hz tune, sorry that is a fact go check it out, 40hz is not all that SQ friendly regardless of what you may say. Ok you can tune your DD with a 33-34hz FS down to 30hz in you little snot ported boxes but at what price, the price of amplifier power that is what. I never said SSX is the SUB GOD OF ALL EARTH but it can be tuned MUCH lower without sacrifice of amplifier power.... Regardless of what you may think, I AM NOT 17 and have been bumping before most of you were born....Oh and another thing, I have heard DD's, my cousin has worked for ABC here in IL for 15 years, they are ok, loud and all but they don't get that low. Polo..

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1033
eh...ill stay out of this one. lol have fun boys.

lilrob nice pic man those 18s are huge.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1908
They def get low thats all i have to say and i built my box it is tuned at 38 hz which dd recommends by the way and just ask B even treo recommends dd boxes for there subs and I know the ssx will get lower then the 9500 but the 9500 will get louder and most liekly they will be just about neck and neck sq wise and they are basically the same on power requirements just to let you know

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1139
I am not doubting the DD will get louder, it is designed to! Higher the frequency, higher the SPL. DD boxes are standard, nothing special. A sub with an extremely low F rating is one you would tune higher anyways because it gonna naturally be a low sub for instance the 06 XXX, that thing has gotten to be a BEAST! Don't get upset Charlie, just posting my opinion and like an @sshole, everyone has one. Here is another, I brought my SSI's over to my cousin and even he said the Treo has a better build quality and that has nothing to do with how they sound just a little thing I look for in a sub. If the SSX I am getting sounds anything like the 9500, I WILL THROW IT ON E-BAY TOO , LMFAO... Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2975
you know, you can tune a sub to its fs.... so a 34 hz tune is fine. and if you think a ssx has to be superior to a 9500 for you to like it... you got high hopes....

n btw... not saying im a genious 17 year old. but there are 17 years olds that would blow you away with how smart they are in not just one subject but every general knowledge. lets not foget you didnt know how to calculate the area of a circle ;-)

:-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1140
Not that I didn't know it was the cloudiness of the oldschool thinking that got in the way, lol. Think about it, two tens should equal 20" but not total area, anyone could have made that assumption. Another thing, If you had half as much in your head as I have gotten from shear experience you would make mistakes too! By the way I may not be perfect, never said I was but at least I can spell Likely, unlike Charlie (liekly) there :-O

PS- You can tune a 34hz F sub to its resonance but it will still be wasting amplifier power. See I never said they didn't sound good, they just sound good in a whole different frequency range, happens to be the range most cars vibrate to death, hence the bad sound. There is a reason why most people tune low, because it sounds better "in car". Also if you guys wanna talk sh!t wait till I get home from work tomorrow around 5pm so that I can see/respond to it! Polo.. Upload

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1034
haha group hug?

damn 17 year olds.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3445
i would just like to note that Fs is a T/S parameter.....it is measure by a sine wave sweep in free air.....it is not determined with 1000's of watts in a specially tuned enclossure in the back of a trunk.:-):-):-) a box can manipulate a lot of things in a subwoofers performance....:-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2859
you know, you can tune a sub to its fs.... so a 34 hz tune is fine. and if you think a ssx has to be superior to a 9500 for you to like it... you got high hopes...." T Eaton

not tryin to have a dd vs treo argument, cause their is just too many already...

in the low end a SSX will own the 9500... its hard for some people to comprehend that... im with Polo on this, even tho the DD can be played below its Fs and still sound good doin it... u are lookin at using up more power for it to do that.. the ssx has the natural tendancy to get lower and slap u, making it the better daily.... and still allows u to tune lower than its already lower fs than the DD.. HMMMmm

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2861
more back to the topic though...
DD9915 Vs Treo CSX?? << better match...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3449
what is the point of this thread?

if it is SSX vs. 9500. and its loudness...then the 9500 wins .
if it is SSX vs. 9500, and its lowness...then SSX.

the CSX shouldn't even be compared to these daily driver monsters....it is a COMPETITION subwoofer....meant for burps to attain the highest SPL for winning.:-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2864
the CSX is louder than the 9900 series... yes!

CSX is superior to the 9500 series interms of SPL...
its more of on the same page with the 9900 series... :-)

louder than 9900 series, but dont hold up like 9900 series... thats why its a NEW CXT... which they have been tweakin for 5 years...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2980
so a single csx score with a certain amount of wattage has been higher than the highest achieved score of a 9900 with the same wattage? i dont think thats been proven.... the way you guys come up with things to say back makes treo the god of car audio.... which i do not belive. DD is neither. there cant be one; its virtually impossible. i wish i had a ssx and a 9500 and a 9900 and a csx. i think the ssx and 9500 may be close but i think the 9900 will be better than the csx. just guesses of course though. and i still think a ssx is no where near "owning" a 9500 in anything... and if the csx beats a 9900... the cxt would stomp it... so then treo should hit somewhere in the mid 180s to 190 then soon i hope... i dont see it happening yet...

and btw. buck off jake :-) you were 17 too once. were the next generation. no age, sex, race is better than another... it all depends on the individual.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1141
Thanks B... The only time I wished I was 17 again is when I am on my way home and see these little girls with fat @sses!!!I cannot believe these girls, must be in the water, for sure, lol. :-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 475
^^^^DAMN POLO THTS NASTY ARENT U LIKE 40????
EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE SUM THICKK GURLS OUT THIER

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 309
Whats everyone bashin 17yr olds for? Im still 16, I dont turn 17 till wednesday.

Has anyone on here got the 06XXX or MT? I was j/w how they sounded. I love the way they look.

Oh yea BTW I have 2 15" Treo SSIs.

^^^^I just added that last part to piss off Alpine Thumpin b/c he was B!tchin bout me tellin everyone that.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1144
Sh!t mofo, just because I am 34 NOT 40 doesn't mean can't look! Sometimes you can't help it these girls are fcking hot dude, lol. I'm sorry a girl that is 17, 5' 10 at 120 lbs all t!ts and @ss that is a WOMAN in my book, LMFAO... :-O

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 488
lmfao^^^^^^^^^^

yes polo i am afraid very afraid!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3456
haha. i love how after Trevor lays it down everybody gets off-topic.:-O lol

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1912
Hey B why are you sayign the 9500 against the csx thats not even close the 9500 is a daily and then you go to the 9900 which would walk all over the csx cause it can take morwe power and it can take it all day long but then dd also has the 99z which would crush just about anything out there but no one ever talks aboutt hat cause its about 5 g's

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1035
haha just for the record trevor im 17 right now...thats why i made the comment.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3005
oh, haha, thought you were being a dick... well you were, in a sarcastic way lol so its all good.

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 51
yea well my 1 10" bazooka hits louder and lower than anything anyone else has on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 52
see wat u started drivingreckless!!!!! y cant we all just get along!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
lmao f*u*c*k off akamigs.....nah just kidding im drunk :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us