CHITTI CHITTI BANG BANG

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 417
GHEY BUT I HOPE IT CUAGHT UR ATTENTION...NE WAY WERE DO U GO TO GET UR HO ALTERNATOR INSTALLED??

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 181
i never got it done.. but i'm sure your local workshop will do it...

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 340
Depending on the car and the location of the Alt., it shouldn't be that hard to do it yourself. I know on my car I could swap the alternator in less than 5 minutes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
really... i want to do it on my car.. but i'm afraid.. especiall about putting back the best on it.. how hard is it to put the belt back on it.. cuz it looks very stiff....

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2127
you'll have a tension pully or tension screws to adjust. loosen them all the way up and the belt will go right on. tighten the tension and it'll be like it is now.

theres usually only 2 bolts that hold the alt in place and they are easy to find.

but what you'll have to get off to get to the alt will be the hardest part depending on the car. i have to remove all my cruise control stuff and power steering pump, belt and brackets to get to my alt, lol.

if you aren't sure, look for a Chilton or Haynes manual for your car at an auto parts store. it'll show you step by step how to do just about anything with the car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
OKAY THNX GUYS I FOUND A SITE THT SHOWS ME HOW TO TAKE IT OFF AND REPLACE IT THTS WUT IMMA GUNNA DO

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
can u post the link here .. so i can see it too..

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7050
me 2

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 997
Upload

That's where my alternator is. 3 bolts. After the belts off, I can have it off, and the new one in, in less than 10 minutes (including time it takes to put the belt back on.) Heh, even less time than that, if I'm careful and the belt stays put and dosnt fall all the way off the other wheels and I dont have to re-run it all the way.

Silver Member

Post Number: 999
That's an old picture btw.. :-P Dont have the power output wire from my alternator running to my battery anymore like in that pic.. (have it going down, then forward in that pic to my battery up front).

not that it's relevant to the topic.. just a note that it's an old picture.

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
ITS MORE OR LESS FOR MY CAR BUT WHO KNOWS MAYBE ULL FIND SUMTHING USEFUL...

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
ITS MORE OR LESS FOR MY CAR BUT WHO KNOWS MAYBE ULL FIND SUMTHING USEFUL...http://www.fourwheeler.com/projectbuild/129_0303_xt/

Username: Tanveer

Post Number: 1
Can u pls let me know where i can get the loading IC for car MP3 Player. The model is AKAI ACR M4400B
text/plainUpload
AKAI MP3.htm (80.1 k)

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2922
Seth just realized my engine mounted to the side... :-O :-O
how are your back tires doing???? :-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 1034
My back tires used to rub on my wheel wells, actually.. damaged my old tires it was so severe.. upgraded my shocks. :-)

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2933
:-O Im gonna supercharge my FWD..... That will be a nice little project... But I can do a major burn out with traction off currently...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1036
Oh you meant from how I drive.. lol..!

I dont go too fast in my car.. With six 12's in three boxes, two extra optima yellow tops in the back, and a W7 in a huge enclosure.. I've added a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight to my car, and it's definatley lost some power due to this I believe. Also, adding a HO alternator drained even more of my HP..

My car can still move pretty well though, but it's also an automatic, so I'm not burning too much rubber.. ;)
(And with the price I paid for my 18" rims + wheels, I dont wanna have to replace my rubber anytime soon, LOL)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us