Iridium 6.2 crossover setup?

Bronze Member
Username: Jinster

Post Number: 63
so i just received my speakers and notice that there isn't much to adjust with the crossover at all. only thing i have to deal with is tweater level plug. so where should i set these? low medium or uh high.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2397
Play with it and choose what sounds best. That's why I like an active xo, for the endless tuning options.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
i'll have to take it to an installer cuz i don't have a garage and none of my friends have garage cuz we're all college kids living in apartments... *sigh* so what did those 3 settings do with you guys when you experimented? i'd like to just set it with my best educated guess and hand it to the installer.

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 85
See, it depends on the tweet locations. Nobody can say that setting x is the best. Just select any setting and see how it sounds, then go from there. Owners manual should be a great help for you as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
see, i really do need an answer tho cuz i hooked it up & tweaked around with it in my room yesterday and i couldn't tell a squeek of a difference. and tweaking it after it's been mounted is not an option since i'm taking it to an installer... cuz i don't have a garage.

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 89
Why can't you tweak it after it's installed?
Sure you can, just don't short anything out:-)
Plus if you can't tell the difference, it doesn't matter anyway, just flip a coin:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
well the crossover's gonna be placed in the doors for sure and i'm not sure that i should take them apart in the middle of the public parking lot in a downtown where about 20 hobos will be watching me from every corner of garbage cans.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
ok, i think i might have a reason why i coulnd't tell the differnce with the crossover settings. because it's a fake! a dls replica that i bought from ebay a little too cheap. please read my FAKE DLS IRIDIUM? thread for more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us