B.

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 150
i just bought a treo tsx15.44 and was wondering what the recommended ported box is for sql thanks.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2822
2.25 cubes each = agressive ported... they love that... :-)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2397
treo price list? lol

i want it for future reference

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2823
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/TREO_Engineering_Price_List-179277-224 949.pdf

Gold Member

Post Number: 2398
B...are u really running 2500 watts to your TSX's?
if so...HOW?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2399
didnt bump

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 406
B HOW DOES THIS LOOK...
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
bump...bump...bump...bump

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2960
2.25 is small. id go larger.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2961
wasnt your old box like 7.5? and your new one like 8?

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
IF UR TALKIN TO ME....IDK IF U WERE BUT.....NO MY OLD BOX WUS 2.25 TUNED TO 32 Hz NO THE ONE IM GUNNA MAKE IS 2.25 TUNED TO 35.5 hZ NOT A BIG DIFF BUT WUT WOULD U SUGGEST FOR TREO TSX 12"

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2963
2.25 to 32 is prlly what id do for a 12. 35 is fine too though. for the 15 id prolly do 3.5-4 to prolly 30-32hz. i was tlaking to B about his last box for his 2 15 tsxs.

what do you like better the 32 or 35? can you tell a difference? also, is there a difference in port area? if so how much and which one has more?

Silver Member

Post Number: 418
WELL...IVE NEVER HEARD 35Hz SO I WANNA TRY SUMTHING NEW..AND ALSO THE 32Hz GETS LOW BU MY SUB TENDS TO BOTTOM OUT AT LOW FREQUENCY TONES.....YEA THIER IS A DIFFERENCE IM NOT SURE HOW MUCH BUT I NO THE 35Hz ONE HAS LESS PORT AREA THEN THE 32 hZ ONE...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2964
if your going to raise the tune.... raise port area too. and sorry, i thought you said you switched to 35hz, not your going to make it. i wouldn't reduce port area though. also, about the bottoming out... how much power are you giving it? is your SSF set right? and are you using any bass boost? because a sub will bottom out much easier with boost. but that sub should eb able to take quite a bit of power before bottoming out, unless playing say a 20hz tone without SSF. also if your Hu is clipping, there will be a clipped signal right from the start, which will cause it to bottom out easier too.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1126
Dude, could you get off the CAPS, so fcking annoying, lmfao..

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
my amp doesnt have a subsonic filter i wish it did its a jbl gto1201.1 benched at 1049 rms at 2.5 ohms......so yea im over powering it by almost 3 times....and my bass boost is all the way up and im sure i should lower it but ignorance sets in and i want it loud maybe i should turn it a bit lower...as for the hu clipping i dout it cuz i dont hear any clipped signals....

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2968
if you leave your BB like that i promise you'll damage the sub. and you should look into something that will reduce power at about 30hz and below. get some sort of crossover. actually, if you turn your bass boost down, you can probably gett a little more out of gain, but i cant tell not being there... but if your amp is putting out 1000w with no BB. it WILL clip when BB is applied... if BB added axtra clean power it wouldnt be a 1000w amp now would it? get a oscilloscope or a dmm atleast... that or just listen real carefully.... you'll soon recognize it will play better without BB with the gains set correctly...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1127
Does that amp have a High pass filter along with a low pass? Polo..

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
NO THE AMP JUST HAS SUMTHING SIMILAR THE SAYS XOVER FREQUENCY....SO WUT UR SAYIN IF I LOWER THE BASS BOOST AND SET THE GAIN CORRECTLY I WILL GET MORE CLEAN POWER THEN WEN THE BASS BOOST IS ON AND DAMAGING MY AMP???WELL ILLL HAVE TO THT ILL LOWER THE BASS BOOST BOUT HALF WAY OR LESS...ALL CAPS FOR U POLO:-O BUT SERIOUSLY I DIDNT REALIZE THIS TIME SRY

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2839
"B...are u really running 2500 watts to your TSX's?
if so...HOW?" Dane

no, actually they are only gettin 250rms each...

Trevor u seem pretty affraid of the bass boost, I let mine all out... never had a problem, but I belive thats just my charging system working, not making nothing clip... :-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2840
drivingwreckless that box design will getoff regardless, trust me..

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2969
bass boost isnt an added feature on an amp to make more power. a 1000w amp puts out 1000w. not 2000. so if its louder, its obviously not a clean signal. slight bass boost is okay. full bass boost will damage something whether you have 0/99 awg big 3 and power and ground wires.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2970
bass boost isnt an added feature on an amp to make more power. a 1000w amp puts out 1000w. not 2000. so if its louder, its obviously not a clean signal. slight bass boost is okay. full bass boost will damage something whether you have 0/99 awg big 3 and power and ground wires.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2860
BB is not the animal ur makin it to be man...
dependant on the amplifier, BB does diffrent things on diffrent amps..

if you present an amplifier with sufficent current to execute all its functions properly which it was designed and tested for... then yes BB can help u have more full sounding bass..

yes BB is not a gain, u cant expect it to be a gain either..

90% of the problem occurs when people who use BB with their standard charging system... which in return the amp asks for 2X-3X as much current to use this feature, then in-turn starts to clip the output of the amp cause their is no current / insufficent available....

I have always used bass boost on ALL my amps... with good chargin system and bad ones, and the bad ones is when problem occurs...

yes with the bass boost ALL the way off, the amp is NOT goin to ask for no where near as much current as with it on..

lack of current makes the amp clip signals, not the BB...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2981
correct to a point. thats why id really like to have an osciloscope... and a personal jonathan, glass, or the guy who made bcae1 by my side at all times... it could be the new thing. hey jonjon, what do i do next? hey jonjon is this right? but everyone knows, its not jonjon, its tomtom :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us