Jensen vm9411 e brake problem

Username: Loenufxtreme

Boca Raton, Fl US

Post Number: 1
i just bought the jensen vm9411 dvd player and i wanna watch dvds while i drive, what do i have to do with this e brake wire to achieve this any help would be great thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2048
All you should do is have to ground it...

Username: Jayce2000

Post Number: 2
You cant just ground it this year you actually need a switch to do it...Ground one end of the toggle switch and then the other end of the switch to the pink wire.Put in the DVD,the blue screen will come up telling you you cant watch the movie while driving.Flip the switch UP,DOWN and then back up again and you should be fine..One catch though,when you go to get out of the car,flip the switch back in the DOWN position..

Username: Jrod269

Post Number: 2
I have done it, finally. Ground it with a toggle switch or a botton. on for two second off for two seconds then back on.

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 97
Do all headunits (with a screen of course) have this e-brake thing???

Username: Pd_cobb

On the catch note...What will happen to the unit if you forget to switch the toggle switch back down before getting out of the vehicle?

Username: Dodgeram

Post Number: 3
seem to understand this ... I have Jensen 9411 too, i would like to bypass this for my girlfriend who likes to watch dvd for road trip...so parking wire is the pink wire which is attached to e-brake switch ? correct me if im right or wrong... so I take that pink wire out and hook it to ground wire which is black? where can I find that ground wire? or take that pink and have it connect to any baremetal on brake? chassis ??? or Toggle switch...what kind of toggle switch am i looking for ? I really don't know this...sorry... Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jayce2000

Post Number: 11
You cant just ground the PINK wire this year,Jensen added a sequence for the system to work..

EBAY auction for $19.95 I saw which is all text related with no parts needed..Works 100% of the time...

Username: Cherrm7

This code is a permanent way of disabling the brake override on the jensen units.

There are two ways of doing this:

Insert the DVD

After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"

1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.

(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.

You will now see a hidden menu that says:

Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done!!! Hooray!!! You can now kill your whole family in the car while watching that adult movie while your driving.....

The other way of doing this is by not engaging the parking brake sequence, thus you're inputting the code blindly.

1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

(If you have more than one tv, the unit itself will have the blue screen but the additional tv's you have plugged in will NOT, they will show the dvd menu. Thus you will be able to see the hidden menu on the additional screens after inputting the code, but not on the main unit because of its blue screen.)

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice and then click it once.

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings.

It may take a few tries but you'll get it. This method can be done if you don't want to bother temporarily activating the brake sequence, but if you only have the unit and no additional tv's, its #$%^&* damn hardbecause you can't see the settings your changing.

I tried to make this as clear as possible. If you have questions, private message me or post here.

(i found this message here on ecoustics from this page. and it really does work because i just bought myself a Jensen VM9311TS. i did it blindly and it worked but it did take me a while to get all of the settings correct. Heres the actually page that i found this message on https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/278797.html

Username: Speedy19

where can i find a remote for the JENSEN VM9411 because mines broke, help plz

Silver Member
Username: Way2smart

Canada

Post Number: 162
1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice(thats up up twice) and then click it once.

a hidden menu will come

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings.

It may take a few tries but you'll get it

best off luck

oo ya and no need to connect the pink wire anywhere
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us