Honda accord 2000 service maitenance light on

Bronze Member
Username: Tetio2004

Post Number: 21
Hi can anybody give me a hand.
I have a Honda Accord 2000 and I just changed the motor oil and oit filter, but the service maitenance light is still on, how can I switch it off, any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3387
take it to Auto Zone and they will run a free diagnostic on it. could be a sensor soemwhere.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 252
most of the time those lights come on after certain hours or miles because you might need to do some matiance but it wants you to go to the dealer so they can run the diagnostics test change the oil or air filter or whatever turn the light off and charge you tons of money, dont worry about the light being on as long as you keep up with basic matinance. mine on my car is ALWAYS on for thousands on miles and trust me there is nothing wrong with it

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 202
Hector when I first got my Camry I asked the dealer if I could take it to a local mechanic to inspect it. After the first inspection (they found some things to fix) the Check Engine light was on. I told the dealer to fix that stuff and they did so I took it back to the mechanic. That time the Check Engine light was on again but no problems. It could have been a tripped switch or something.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3964
hector.......push in that little button that resets your daily trip mileage and start your engine. keep it pushed for 12 seconds after the engines starts. that should turn it off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us