Which subs out of these two?

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 101
ok im thinking on getting 2 12 inch subs from ebay, i am goign to put them in a box that is about 32 hz, i know this webstie doesn't really like rockford subs, but i am a huge fan of them, but my question is, shoudl i get two rockford he2's (400 rms each) or 2 kicker cvr (400 rms each), i'm aiming towards sorta of spl, but i do want some sounds quality, and if i do get the rockfords or kickers, on ebay, they come in dual 2 ohms, so my question is as to do you think my orion 1200d running at 2 ohms will supply these wiht the power they need to get loud...thanks

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 531
of those two, i'd buy kicker.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 272
The 1200D does 725@2ohm, so it will be underpowering whichever ones you get. I would got with 2 Kickers.

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 290
cvrs

Silver Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 102
ok....im thinking of leaning toward the kickers since i got 3 outta 3 responses saying that, ok say i get the dual 4 ohm version of them bc i just saw a pair on ebya for $200 shipped, could i run the orion 1200d to them safely at ohm ohm without the subs blowing as long as i keep the gain down and stuff...my only bad thought on kicker is the chance of them blowing, i've had freinds wit kickers and almost all have blown sooner or later, coures most of my friends are idiots, but anyways, do you think the orion 1200d at ohm ohm will be safe...thanks

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1050
I don't personally like cvr's of any size.

But to my knowledge they dont like to be overpowered and are not very forgiveing when over powered.

If you could save a bit more $$ a pair of Alpine R's would rock on that amp.
I own a pair of 12" R's and I make cvr owners sad on a daily basis.

Altough that would not be your only other option.

Silver Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 103
how woudl you guys compare the cvrs to the w3s...i mean i knwo the w3s are a better built sub, but loudness wise, how does the cvr compare?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us