New alternator and a battery????

Silver Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 138
alright. well this summer i'm planning on buying new stuff. i'm probably going with 2 12" ascendant audio arsenal subs powered by an ed nine.1 amp by elemental designs...hopefully

the subs are rated at 700w rms a piece but 500w reccomened.

the amp is 1200w/1 rms at 1 ohm stable

i have a '92 cavalier currently...should i upgrade to a new battery and new alternator? or could i save some money by just bying a new batter or just a new alternator? and which should i buy first? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 379
I HAVE 1200 WATTS RMS IN MY CAR RIGHT NOW WITH A STOCK ALTERNATOR AND IT HOLDS UP FINE IM SURE IT WONT MATTER...ITS ALLL GOOD FOR ME

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3355
fisrt of all......if you have a Cavalier, then you have a 4-cyl motor, which would lead me to believe that your stock alt. isn't that powerful.

and 1200w RMS is a lot of power....you need to at least upgrade your current alt.:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
alright. thanks. any suggestions for where and how much and what kind of alt i need? i don't know much about alternators. thanks man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
now i did just this past couple weeks ago get a brand new alternator put into my car, but i'm assuming it was just to replace the other one.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 483
It really depends on how powerful your stock alt. is, but in most cases a stock alt. cannot keep up with 1200w RMS. My stock alt. is only 60A and I'm running a KX1200.1 in a temporary install. Obviously, my alt. doesn't even put out half of what I need for my KX1200.1. I've already killed one battery and now my stock alt. makes a really loud noise. LOL. Upgrade your alternator!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3357
you can contact Nate in the Accesories forum....which is the one we are in. lol

check out his website also:
www.excessiveamperage.com

go to the group buy thread and ask him what size alts you can get.

be sure to tell him you make and model of vehicle....and the engine size......they are normally between $200-$300 depending on how big of an alt. you want. :-)

here's the thread in case you dont feel like looking.:-)

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/217018.html

Username: Kamakazy

Providence, RI

Post Number: 3
i have just change my alt on a 93 accord because the old one is just die. im running two amp in my system the fuse of the rockford 10001bd is 150A and the fuse of the orion 80004 is 160A and im planning to put in a cap for the rockford amp. so i just go by a higher output alternator that cost 500 buck or should i just deal with the old one, and by the way i have a set of fog light that need alot of power to run them wat should i do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3386
sounds like you should take advantage of my previous post^^^^^ lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
thanks muddy waters. helped out a lot bro.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3442
no problem dude:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us