Pioneer Deh-p6500 HELPPPPP

Username: Counterbond

Post Number: 1
I think it finally kicked the bucket, I have no clue what happened, but as i was pulling it out of my truck on saturday, my 12V came loose and i think touched the chassis of the stereo, something started smoking from inside the radio, now i only have sound through the pre-outs, it doesn't send a signal to the speaker wires anymore. Is it possible that i didnt fry anything, and that theres a way to switch between preamp outputs, and your speaker wires?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2998
Most likely the output IC got fried when the wires touched. It's a 30$ part and labor is about 30-70$ from an authorized service center. I'll buy it from you for $25 and pay shipping if you want to get rid of it.

Post Number: 2
Do you know where i could get a schematic for the main board, I have it all apart right now, I do this for a living, shouldn't be too hard. I trouble shoot boards at work all the time, a schematic would be helpful though.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3004
It should be IC301 if I remember correctly. You should be able to find it by physical appearance, really. http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=PAL007A

Be aware that it might need more parts than that, or that may not be the problem at all. I can't really tell you without diagnosing it physically.

Not sure where you could find a service manual...most of Pioneer's manuals (if not all) I've seen are paperback, and not online...

Post Number: 4
What about Q921?? or both Q921 and Q911? i could have sworn thats what i seen spark, or smoke when i was pulling the headunit out, although i can't find any burn marks, or heat marks or anything that would indicate any burnt up parts. I found the data sheet for the D2396 transistors, but the HFe for it is anywhere from 400-2000. Any more ideas?

Post Number: 6
Tested those transistors about 15 minutes ago, they all tested out fine, I found a couple of sites that have the PAL007A for real cheap, one site has it for like 9 bux, i'll probably just replace that, thats gotta be what smoked.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us