Seems like a no brainer.....

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 28
Ive always had and still do have kicker subs.I got 1 10 in l5.Im wanting to know how the assassin subs from aa sound.they look awesome.they seem to be on the sq side but do they get loud and low.i want 2 12s in a big slot port box tuned around the mid 30s.dont have lots of power though they say they are very efficient. a punch3001.300rms at 2 ohms mono but the birth sheet with the amp says 401 at 2 ohm.could i hit close to 140db w/this set up in a s10 w/shelland boot,box in bed w/all sound sealed off into the cab?138 is possible with the reg kicker comps,i had that setup befor(15in)comps that is.thes aa 12s look really mean,any help will be greatly app.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 851
imo i dont think you can hit 140 with a pair of assassins. i am sure it is possible tho. they aren't spl subs at all. if you wanted to get closer to hitting 140 you would prolly have to tune your box to 40hz but still not sure. do you have experience with box building? what are you going to power the 2 12's with??

Bronze Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 78
The Assassins won't be as loud as the Kickers were especially since they were 15's, but they will sound a bit better. I don't have experience with the Assassins but I'm pretty sure they won't be hitting the real lows, but 2 12's in a large ported box will be decent from my guess is ~35hz and up. You'll need more power to hit 140

Bronze Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 79
^^^^ A little late but same general idea...

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 30
thanks,I ll stick with the kicks then.not sure about th set up though.

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 97
man if u wana hit 140 2 12"L7's or 2 12" type R would do it forsure they would pass 140 type R is cheaper and almost as loud as an L7

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 526
you must work for alpine or something. don't listen to that^^ 2 type r's get loud but not as loud as a pair of l7's, but they do sound alot better. the l7 is an spl sub where as the r is an sql sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us