Installed a viper 791xv alarm remote/start car will not start with key sometimes....

Username: Drift247

NY

Post Number: 9
hey all,..i installed a viper 791xv alarm remote/start on a 2006 suzuki forenza,..i did a post on it a wile ago,.. to sum it up... the car wont start with the key sometimes..or wont kick over...today the car would not even make a sound when the key was turned nothing happend,..,,they had to remote start it 3-4 times to get the car running,...the car is coming into the shop tomorrow to get it looked at..if anyone can give me tips or had this prob before please help me ... maybe a wire is out a bit i dont know... please anyone ...thanks

Username: Gleds

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 8
791 has a manditory starter kill that could be half your problem. I also know suziki does goofy things with their transponders. I've seen them in their keys, in their keyless entry remotes (proximity to vehicle not key cylinder). Or sometimes nothing at all. also don't listen to tech support, they just tell ya to check your ground. European imports you need to figure out on you own.

Username: B_sharp

Post Number: 8
( ) Remove the inline fuse to the 791 alarm power, red wire. With alarm brain now disengaged, satellite relay should default to starter enabled. Engine should start, cuz no alarm powered up.

( ) Put fuse back, verify alarm is dis-armed, engine should start up.

( ) Else your factory alarm may still be engaged.

DMM check for signal, +12v or gnd, at satellite relay, from ignition key to starter wire to sat relay. Compare with fuse removed. This should verify if your factory alarm is immobilizing your starter or the alarm is doing it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us