Do I need more charging?

Silver Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 106
I am going to be running an orion 2500d at 1 ohm and a JBL blah blah blah(think its like 800 watts) amps and 2 optima yellow tops. I am also getting a 200 amp alternator with underdrive pulley from nate in the group buy. Is this going to be enough of a charging system to satisfy my system?

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 172
i would say get something bigger.. maybe 250 or 300. it's only going to be 25-50 more dollars ..

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 966
Not a chance.. the difference between a 200, and 300 amp alternator, is normally a couple hundred dollars.

Username: Kamakazy

Providence, RI

Post Number: 4
the two amp that i have is equal to about 2600 to 3000 watts, one of the amp(rockford 10001bd)is hook up to a single 12 kcker L7 at 1ohm and the oder amp(Orion 8004)is run the four small speaker in the car, should i need to get a bigger artornate then my factory reccomented? i just change a new artornater in my car but i go with factory recomented. Should i or not

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3388
......yes you need a HO alt. at least a 250A if not a 300A.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 397
IF U GO TO EXCESSIVEAMPERAGE.COM
U WILL SEE PPL WHO PUSH MASSIVE WATTS WUTH ONLY A 200A ALTERNATOR......DO U REALLY THINK U NEED SUCH A MASSIVE ALTERNATOR???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3398
yes it does tell what size alt they have, but it does not tell how many batteries that alt is charging.:-)

you know what is weird....
if you look at the blue van at the top of the page, it says on the side that is has 6 RE MT 18" subs...
and then if you look on the side of the van itself, it says 05 DB Drag 140.0-149.9 Bass Race World Champ......you only hit 140-150 with 6 18" RE MT's????????

maybe i am wrong....but you could hit that with 2 15's in the right box with the right power pretty easy with the money spent on 6 MT's and 6 MTX 1501D amps. lol

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 399
hummmm...right so how many battaries could a 200amp alternator charge???? also have u heard of a voltage stabalizer..they supposedly help ur charging system...no if this is true???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3399
i am not sure....but you can charge QUITE A FEW batteries with a 200A alt. that is how they get away with so many watts on only one HO alt. they have a battery bank.:-)

i am not sure about the voltage stabilizer....maybe it acts as a dam, storing and releasing voltage to smooth the spikes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us