Kicker and Arenal...hmmmm

Bronze Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 97
The Arsenal 10'' subs and this amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-ZX1000-1-ZX-1000W-CLASS-D-MONO-AMPLIFIER-NEW_W0QQitem Z9725679962QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

does it work? it says on the specs that its 1000w on a 2 ohm load and 500 on a 4 ohm load, but what i dont understand is if i have 2 4ohm arsenals, can i hook them up to the kicker and get 500w of power to each?

wiring diagram doesnt make sense to me on thise site: http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC4x2

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3318
nope
you can get 250wRMS to each.:-(

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3697
Arsenals are dual 4 ohm so you will only be able to wire 2 Arsenals into 4 ohm or 1 ohm final impedence which means that amp will not work.

Look into the Orion 1200D or any amp thats 1 ohm stable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Alright thank you so much:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
Any other suggestions though because the Orion is looking to be a little over budget, i need to stay around 300-350. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 221
hifonics, i'm getting 2 12" arsenals and powering them with a kifonics 2006 running each at 1000 watts rms. and the amp was only 360. I know that it isnt running the full 1000 watts, but its probably running at least 1600-1800

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3698
I whould definetly consider this amp for that price range. Much nicer then the Hifonics amp.

http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=4&pid=6&cur=USD

$350 shipped with a good warranty direct thru the dealer.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 138
pluis they have it on ebay if u want to buy there

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 253
Spec on these seem good. ~$399 1100x1 @ 1ohm or 500x1 at 4 ohms

http://elevationaudio.com/newelevation/amps.php

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 168
Mike, get the ED amp MO recommended. I have that amp powering two 10" Arsenals and they sound amazing even for tens. The ED amp has been tested to produce arounf 1400W at 1 Ohm. Very sold amp for the money.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3699
Paul i preordered 2 Arsenal 12's. I was deciding between the 10's and 12's but since im going sealed i went with the 12's.

Im powering mine with 450 watts rms each from a Arc Audio 1500-XXK. I spoke to chad about it and he says they are efficiant and 450-500 watts rms really works well to each sub. I know they are rated upto 750rms but 500rms is all you really need but then again its always good to have some headroom and that is why i recommended the ED nine 1.

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 169
Mo, you will not be dissapointed with the Arsenal. I was also debating between the 10's and 12's. I ordered two 12's back in Feb. But when early April came around and the 12's still had not shipped I decided to just get the 10's. They are in a 2.4 cuft box tuned to 35 Hz. I honestly feel based of my 10's that the 12's may have been to much for my likings. Oh, and the gain is only 1/4 of the way turned up on my ED amp. Let us know how the 12's sound, if you ever get them.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3701
Usually 2 10's or 12's are more then enough for my tastes. I even prefer a solid 12 in most cases but since i have the JL prowedge box that use to house 2 12w6v2's before i sold the subs to brandon, i decided on the 12's to save money on building the box. I have a feeling its going to be very aggresive and drop really low in this sealed box. I use to own a Avalanche 15 in a 2.2 cuft sealed box with polyfill and it was a monster down low. These are new and improved so im really excited man. IM glad its working out for you.

What car do you have them in ? I remember the pictures of your install and it looks nice.

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 170
There are in a 2001 Maxima. These are the first subs i've owned that I did not have to fold the rear seats down to really feel the bass. I just can't imagine how the 12's would have sounded.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3702
Im happy for you Paul. What was your system like before ? What subs have you used ? Sealed or Ported before ?

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 171
I had two 12" IDQs sealed and powered by a Hifonics 1500D. It never really made me happy. So I decided to get better quality stuff. I have also had CVRs which did not impress me either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us