Viper 791XV on 1992 GMC C-1500

Username: Brusomc

Post Number: 1
How is everyone doing? I just picked up a Viper 791 XV. I have it all hooked up but cannot get the door locks to work on my 1992 GMC C-1500. These locks are reverse polarity. I found the wires for the doors which are LT Blue and BLK/WHT. Does anyone have any idea on how to get these locks to work. Do I need to add a relay? I can not find anything online. This is getting fustrating. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Gleds

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 11
if you have keyless entry or a 4 door model, the locks are positive, it's only on the basic two door models that you have reverse polarity. Viper systems are wierd; however, you problably need to add relay's as the on board one's usually arn't strong enough... and as always make sure it's a fused line as you can damage the vehicle if their not. also a Black/white doesn't sound fermilliar for unlock. See if you have a Black/red.

Bronze Member
Username: B_sharp

Post Number: 14
Wee Man said "Viper systems are wierd; however, you problably need to add relay's as the on board one's usually arn't strong enough"

That is because they are probably not 'on board' relays. Inside the alarm controller, the interface is most likely an OP Amp driven semiconductor NPN/PNP transistor junction crowbar. DEI are quite amateurs. Sink source specs are a must.

This electrical guessing is nonsense. DEI should be class action sued for major negligence. It means there are numerous authorized poor installs not at all the fault of talented installers.

Username: Brusomc

Post Number: 2
Thanks everyone for your help. I ended up getting a relay which plugged into the Viper and my door locks work great. Thanks again.

Username: Grochy

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 1
hi,,can any1 help?.. i have a clifford arrow 5 alarm and its workd fine 4 months but i was workin and got home and my baby son loves playin wiv my keys and when i came to open my car, the sound it usally makes when the doors unlock arn't workin? and teh blue led light that usally flashes isn't ? can any1 help me please ? cheers chris (thegroch23@hotmail.com)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us