SCRATCH!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 118
ok i was on ROE earlyer and like i was watchin the excursion of the w7's. so i desided to see how my audiobahns compared... i turned bass up max up and direction up. opened my trunk and i heard the bass yada yada and like they move ALOT but the thing is on my left sub, i heard like almost a scratching noise. i opened it up and nothing is wrong with the VC's or anything, no burns i didn't see any scratching... what could it be?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5838
tinsel lead slap

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 202
i actually recently had the same problem with overpowering my 10"L7....i put my gain up on my a8000t, and the sam thing happened.... when i took it out i noticed that when i push the cone in it makes a clicking noise....i eventually notices that the SPIDER was fucking cracked!!!!!! i mean i was seriously, seriously overpowering it and ive had it for about 5 months but it really surprised me to see that the spider CRACKED???? kicker, only used as a temp before my arsenal gets here and it manages to piss me off... fuck it

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 816
isnt the tinsel lead the wire that goes from the terminal to the vc? I always thought it was but i could be wrong.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 120
so what should i look at when i hear this? tinsel lead slap is that bad? will it blow my woofer?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5839
yup

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
it was kinda dope to see my 10" L7 get about 2 inches of excursion though....LOL im dead serious about that

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 122
what can i do to fix this, i know im not over powering my sub... its 300RMS under powered

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 125
my excersion is amazing though... LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
audiobahns are lower end subs...they were doomed from birth.....LOL but seriously, there was probably nothing you could have done to avoid it. it would have happened eventually. just re-solder it on. BE VERY CAREFUL!!! try not to touch the cone with the solder gun....... it WILL melt

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 128
ok, what will i be looking for? i coudln't SEE anything that was away from where it was saposed to be

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
thin braided steel wires coming from the wire terminals to the bottom edge of the cone.....

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 131
ok, and if its not that what would it be? James logo said that this could make my sub blow? or he might have just been saying its bad for my sub... would it make it blow? we don't have a sauder gun so idk when i'll be able to do this

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
you SHOULD NOT run your sub with a broken tinsel lead!!! just go to walmart, they probably have cheap ones for like 7 bucks... but if you have never soldered, just take it to your local car audio shop, theyll know how to fix it

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 136
would they charge me for it? my uncle owns a garage door buissness so he can do it...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1101
A piece of felt on the cone in that area will quiet or eliminate the slap noise. Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 250
If you cant see the wire broken dont solder it. Do what Polo suggest, BTW polo how would you adhere said felt to cone? Rubber cement?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 146
ok, i took my subs out again and i pushed the cone in, and the scratching noise in like in the magnet, what could this be?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2809
TREOs ALAWAYS have WOVEN tinsels...!! smallest - to biggest models...

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 150
i don't have treo's B.... i know you do though so don't rub it in... lol

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2366
does it still play? if it does it cant be blown

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 152
yea i know its not blown James said that this could make them blow. if the scratching noise is like in the magnent idk what it could be

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 158
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us