Need a 500WRMS amp

Bronze Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 45
My lil brother needs a good mono amp that pushes 500wrms @ 2 ohms. He wants a name brand like kicker or rocksord, his budget is $200.

thanxs.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 465
jl 500/1 under $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-500-1-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ9722626843QQcategoryZ7982 7QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 466
pg xenon 600.1 if you can run more than 500wrms

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-X600-1-600-WATT-MONO-CLASS-D-AMPLIFIER-NEW_W0QQ itemZ9723711785QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
D@mn, that JL was a good one. Im looking into that PG. Ive never looked in PG stuff, but they seem good, can ANYONE TELL me a lil about PG?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 467
the xenon line is great. i'm running 2 400.1 to my w3's and i've never had any kind of problem with it, i don't even want to sell them when i get my new setup! plus they were only made in 2005 so there getting harder to find at good prices. and there stable from 1-4ohm like the jl's but better priced (i'd take the pg over jl). you wont be disappointed with it at all.

Bronze Member
Username: Mythy225719

Post Number: 44
JL's a better quality... And way better power regulations... Cant see PG as a good brand at all... Unless your in the budget range. Like realy down low...

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 469
i would have to disagree with that^^

yeah jl is a better quality, but pg makes really good products to, preferably their xenon line. they aren't the top of the line amps, but their far from budget, especially "realy down low" like stated^^^ i would definately choose them over alot of other brands like hifonic, lanzar, pioneer, and other true "budget" brands.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 849
the jl in the ebay link is non-working

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 441
I hear very good things about PG amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
*the jl in the ebay link is non-working*

The bidding ended, it only had 20 seconds when I clicked on the link this morning.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
no it works the amp didnt.. it was a DOA

" would definately choose them over alot of other brands like hifonic, lanzar, pioneer, and other true "budget" brands."

I'm sorry but thoes arnt even amps... We got totaly diferent standards here... My budget amps have to actualy be good... Thoes brands arnt even in the same ballpark... PG is borderline budget... Alpine and RF and Kicker are budget amps... Helix, JL slash, Focal, Zapco ect. are highend to midgrade amps.. Well, revers that order... lol

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 481
see where your going with that^^

i definately think those are highend to, but for a normal budget they aren't attainable most of the time, except the jl. you must have a pretty good budget to work with.

by the way, what kind of amps you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
mtx 500w rms @2 ohm (some thing) Alpine 2 ch 80W RMS, Infinity 2CH 97W RMS... and I just switched to JL and to be honest it made a massive diferance! I never knew amps made that much of a impact... the only amp that came remotely close was my alpine... and it stil wasnt in the same league... The Infinity was total crap! The MTX was "ok" But to be honest the JL's blew them away.. I switched to the 450/4 and 500/1. I wanted Helix but $2 grand on amps is nuts... $750 was worth it for the Slash series.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6929
A watt is A watt

The only diffrence is build quailty of the amp, thats it....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
shure.... I herd that before! What a joke! theres a major diferance in amps! The signal purity can be drasticaly afected by the amp..a Watt isnt a Watt...

Bronze Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 22
if you read on

The only diffrence is build quailty of the amp, thats it....

and yes a watt is a watt the only diff is like chauncey said the build quality
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us