5 channel Hifonics amp should i get it

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 701
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hifonics-ZX-5-1-6-channel-surround-mobile-amp_W0QQitemZ97221 41715QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i wanted to get this to power my components, rears, and a Mid Sub (not mid bass, i want to bring bass up front) plus my Mono amp....anyway whut do u guys think..im not trying to spend any money...plus i think it would look cool...it says 5.1 channel mobile audio...(so dumb people will say thats so cool)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5535
Unless you're into digital surround, don't get it. The power is very weak for the components AND subs (rated @ 14.4v). You'd be better off with 100w x 2 amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 702
so whut suggestions do u have.....for a 5 channel amp...i want to run a set of subs (mid subs, brings bass upfront at higher HZ than my 15's...)front components, and rears...and i do want rears....cuz i want to ride passengers, and have a real soround sound setup

cant afford a good set of components (nuthing over 250$) cant see my self paying that much..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5536
You can run both the fronts and rears with a 2 channel amp, as long as fading isn't important to you. Most 2 channel stereo will handle 2ohms per side. If money is a problem, then have a look at Audiobahn A8002T amp. It'll give you plenty of power for your components under $150.
For the sub, you can get A800T or any other class D amp for $145 or less. That should give you anywhere from 600w - 800w rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 704
well...like i said....i already have a RAA-1000 powering 2 15's so the i cant run 1000rms to a 8" sub....LOL....so thats gonna b my second amp...yeah fading is gonna b important....cuz i would like to be able to adjust the speakers o it wont b as loud in the rear if i have...to but i think i can do that through my H/u

Silver Member

Post Number: 705
i just dont want that bright amp beside a black mb...the hifonics dont look much differetn except i like it more....an (Dumb people will like what it says Hfonic)...i like impreseing dumb people cuz other people who no stuf wont care LMAO..but any other suggsetions plus a set of components

Gold Member

Post Number: 5542
Have a look at Xtant amps. I purchased 4 channel amp for $125 from eBay.
They have built in ground loop protection. Excellent value for the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 12
i have a friend whos selling his 4 channel audiobahn A6004V for under $100. let me know if your interested and ill tell him.

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 244
isnt tht ur amp not ur frins amp???

Silver Member

Post Number: 708
wow....good deal.....but i dont like that bright chrome...i would hide that thing....i want to show it off...plus i dont think its gonna have enough power 4 compents an 2 8's....very good deal though..

whut about the alpine mrv-450...i would like a good 3 channel amp really i guess i really dont need a rear stge...but i would like one...

whut about this 1 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6520.html

i want 2 tangbang 8's or sum other sub that can would b good wit 300rms watts....so a 100-200 watt subs will b straigh (want some head room)...plus a cheap 4" componet that could take some power...any help on that 2

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1027
issac, how would you power 2 front and 2 rears with a 2-channel amp?... b

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1030
bump^

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1031
connectng both pairs to a 2 ohm load on each side of the amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5543
Take rear left and front left to one channel and the same for the right. That will give you 2 ohms per channel. Most stereo amps will support that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 717
bump still searchen for amps can u othta guys help sum more thanks for whut i got

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1052
get a 2-channel killer. run front and rear off of it, and then get another for ur subs...

Silver Member

Post Number: 723
i have a RAA-1000 for MY 2 15" subs...

but i want a 4 or 5 channel amp to power a set of compnents and a mid sub..not subwoofer....2 8" subs to make bass move in front of me....

whut amps can turn into a 3 channel amp....and a cheap set of good compnents...that are soft...i like that sort of tweeter.ones that melt ur earwax...LMOA...

i want to know whut tone does that...it was a sobg on a game i played years ago...that would actually make the wax turn to..or feel like it melted....

Silver Member

Post Number: 743
woops just read my post

but i want a 4 or 5 channel amp to power a set of compnents and a mid sub..not *****midbass***....2 8" subs to make bass move in front of me....and carry higher HZ than my 15 can
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us