Component or 2-way/3-way

Username: Dub_d

Post Number: 1
I just bought a hifonics amp and a image dynamics 12' sub and I am looking to replace my speakers. I also have a pioneer flip deck installed, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Ogduncan

Post Number: 46
did u get the idq's or idmax

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2045
2 ways are msot common. 3 ways are a litle more involved. depending on the install, you won't be able to tell much difference between a 2 way and a 3 way setup.

just depends on whether you wanna spend the extra time and money getting them installed properly.

what kind of budget?? theres a huge range of speakers out there.

also, how will you power the comps??

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2390
"depending on the install, you won't be able to tell much difference between a 2 way and a 3 way setup."

Depends on the set too. 3-ways give your drivers much more ability to shine because each driver is limited to reproducing the frequencies they produce best (within their optimal range). Many sets still need to be crossed actively to achieve their greatest potential. So, it's all a matter of how good you want your set to sound and how much money or experience you have to lend to installation, which-as stated above-will be KEY.
In addition to Brandon's questions, What kind of car do you have?

Username: Dub_d

Post Number: 3
in response to gordon i got the Image Dynamics IDQ12 D4 v.2. I really don't have a budget in mind. I'm just lookin for some suggestions. And in response to Mikechec9 I have a 2001 mustang without the mach system. As of now I mainly want to replace the side panel speakers because I blew my right side. So just if anyone has any good recommendations. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 23
If you install the 3 way and do it wrong (wrong locations) it will simply suck. A good 2 way 6.5 + tweet will do just fine to say the least. A 3 way requires A LOT of experimentation and work so it's up to you I guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us