CDT 62 HD's, any rivals?

Bronze Member
Username: Mythy225719

Post Number: 23
I'm about to order a pair of CDT 62's HD and was wondering if there are any others I should consider ... Obviously my budget is $350ish...

Thanks for your advice, and tolerance :D

Bronze Member
Username: Virulentv

Post Number: 54
there are many with that type of budget.

image dynamics, focals, lots of rainbows come in that range but unfortunately rainbows are not sold in US anymore so if you order one that would be from overseas. secondly think about it man with just $100 more you get DYNAUDIO240gt :D. or maybe even cheaper with this link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DYNAUDIO-System-240-GT-Components-The-absolute-best_W0QQitem Z9721311676QQcategoryZ18800QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

umair

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
thanks, how about at $400... Seams thats as low as Ican grab a pair of HD's at... I looked at thoes brands but nothing ahs caught my eye..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
ok, well from what I can tell the CDT's are still the vbest bet simply becasue of there SPL

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 740
CDT HD's are a great set of speakers and if you need them, email me and i'll get you a set, i'm a dealer. While they have good amount midbass to them to really get good midbass you also have to consider sealing up the door with sound deadener and getting them lots of power, lots of it. The HD's will shine with about 180-200rms. BUt they are a really good set when done correctly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
my doors have a sealed cup (well the rear was open... I seald them. the cups are made of thick plastic and there is a ruber seal between it and the door frames... So its not a bad stock setup.. one of the better ones out there actualy...

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2019
Rainbows are sold in the US, theres just only 2 authorized dealers in the US. i have a set.

the HD's are a nice set. my only complaint is i don't like sonf dome tweeters, but they can be swaped out with hard domes now quite easily.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
SR6500.. any info on these?

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/sr6500/

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2038
Jonathan likes them.
not a bad set, i really haven't messed with them much though.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5972
The SRs are twice the price of the HDs. You're talking a completely different class of speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 743
if you get the new HD's with the drt-26s tweet you'll love them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
"The SRs are twice the price of the HDs. You're talking a completely different class of speakers."

Not on ebay there not.. around $200 more...

alteraudiousa ,

I sent you a PM or email.. or what ever... I'm not shure how this forum uses its mesenger system or if it even has one.. lol...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
^ and for a phase plug I think there worth it, and actualy there only $100 more!!!!!!!!!

^ !!!!!!!! So yea, we can compare them...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us