MTX power???

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 232
WOuld i be able to send 1500 wrms into 2,12" 8500's (500wrms each)???

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1524
i'm gonna go with that being a bit too much...subs have some headroom, but not that much...

Silver Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 234
yeah thats what i thought... damn. anyone heard anyting about the crystal com of the piecr audio WMD? (12"s)

Bronze Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 79
1500 watt rms amp can be fine, just lower the gain a bit. those mtx can handle more power than they are rating at, as long as there is no distortion. let us know how they perform.

Silver Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 235
not sure if im gonna get them if i cant get my amp to preform at full potential

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
and what amp do you have?

Bronze Member
Username: Bassheadjosh

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 45
there's a link on this website for product reviews. in one of those reviews a magazine did a review on the mtx 7500 12" in which he put 800 rms into them and got only better performance. Those 8500s can handle the 750 rms with ease. I've even heard of people doing 1000rms a piece without any problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
yes, Josh is right, i've read some reviews about that, i myself are planning to put like 490 wrms into each of my 4 12" 7500's.

Bronze Member
Username: Gravytrain

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 15
i had a mtx 7801 running to my 2 old 8500 12's and it worked just fine but i would make sure that you actually have enough availible power for the amp because i noticed that my amp wasnt running at max capacity since i only had 2ga wire instead of 0ga...but once i put 0ga wire to it there was a noticable difference in spl and sq...and you can run as many watts to a sub as you want just as long as there is no distortion because distortion is what damages subs!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us