Need advice with JL Subs.

Username: Rmpagejr

Post Number: 1
I have an 06 chrysler 300. I want to upgrade my bass, i listen to a lot of rap, would an 8w7 and a 500/1 jl amp be enough? Basically I dont want to go overkill by getting the 10w7. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 96
w7's are a waste of money....get 1 or 2 12w3's if you want JL...they are a more economical solution and 2 of them should be louder than a 10w7....also, if you're getting the 500/1, 2 12w3's would be perfect for that amp....on a side note:i really dont think 1 8 or 1 10 is overkill buddy, even if you are talking about the "infamous w7" [laughs at the sarcasm]

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1432
You would probably notice a bit more bass, but it probably won't hit the lows quite good enough in the rap music. I suggest a 12", if not, at least a 10" to get the rumble that rap music has.

btw, Nice Car :-)

Post Number: 4
so 2 10w3's or 12w3's? what type of box?

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1158
12w7 in H.O. box if you wanna go jl.. everyone whos herd a 12w7 in this box says its amazing

Bronze Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 98
i would personally recommend 2 12w3v2's...i have two of those subs and i've been louder than quite a few people with 12w7's...and i bet i paid a lot less for 2 12w3v2's than most people spent on their w7's

Bronze Member
Username: Bassiloveu

Post Number: 18
nope...if u want to go JL get 2 13W1V2's in a ported box with a 500/1. the subs cost 140 a piece. i have that set up in a 97 Eclipse GSX and i hit 143.7db's on my buddys meter.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1767
okay guys if you noticed he said he dint want it to be overkill so you would thinkhe would want sq so i would say get some w6v2's some of the best sq subs out there

Post Number: 5
It looks like you guys dont really like the w7s, so would the 10w7 in a ported box with a 500/1 amp not do the trick?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 733
well i worek for a shop and we hate the W7's. Biggest waste of money. The W6 will be a better investment and still get good performance. Too much is needed to make sure the W7 sounds good and even then the W7 has a sound that one hates or loves. I would wait for the W3v3 to get into the store and listen to them. very nice, if you can't wait til then get the w3v2 and you'll be good. Get it in a good vented box(not a port box that uses the tube, make sure its a vented one).

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 760
if you really like rap and deep bass you should consider getting 1 13w6v2 w/ a jl 500/1 it will have good SQ and have the loudness and deepness for rap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us