Hey B

Bronze Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 58
i think you told me before that you had memphis power reference subs once...well i have them now and i want to know just how high i can turn it up...ive got the 2 subs in a ported box, powered by a 300x2 amp rms(<<actually overated..since its a power acoustic), gain turned to 2/3 and with a sony HU....ive never turned the volume up past 20...which is loud, but not as loud as id like...could you tell me if i can turn it up higher or not...i know my amp isnt all that great and neither is my HU but can it go louder with what ive got?

Username: Silverado_94

Hudson bay, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 8
do you have a clip light on your amp?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2730
if the amp isnt clippin you can turn it up.. I had to PRs 200rms subs in a sealed box, with a prd1000.1 running @ 1ohm... Bumped them so loud, people though it was 15s...
One day I blew the subs out of the front of the box.... It was a crap box too.. So yeah, they take a beating... I dont know what it was, but that sealed box, rattled every single part of my car... it was almost the resoant freq of my vehicle or something! When I went ported with diff subs, I got less vehicle rattle... :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 59
no theres just a power light and a protection light...also, i dont think ive ever actually had clipping before...ive heard that you can tell when you turn it up and it doesnt get any louder..is there any other way to know?

holy crap B, thats funny lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us