@ssholes at Treo (sales)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1031
I was talking to a gentleman at Treo sales dept in Ca about how hard it is for a person to get there products, he responded that everystate has areas and in each area there are authorized dealers. I ask for the authorized dealers in my area which there are only two, had called them before. I told him, ya I called them before but they are extremely high and I am not going with the price gouging thing, these guys had jacked up the price above $800 for a single SSX. This dude (@sshole) says " WE encourage this" I asked, WHAT? He says, I know but YES we encourage them to jack up the prices, it's business. I told hime I am a business owner, that is not business and in my neck of the woods we would call it theft or being dishonest. I am writing a formal letter and as soon as I find the address for the CEO, he will be getting it. This is the first time in my life I have money to spend on someone's product and they won't take my money, @ssholes! Sorry, needed to vent... Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2806
whats the msrp for the sub? if its not above the msrp you cant complain. if it is then i think thats bullship

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1032
You tell me what the MSRP for a SSX is because nobody i know is gonna tell you, I asked! All I know is that I had dealers offer to sell from between $650- &850, so the Dealer cost must be pretty low. I just don't like the fact they are preying on people like that now RE is going to do the same. A profit is a profit but to say outright that they encourage the jacking of prices to out of this world proportions is just not right! There is a reason why people don't go to there local car audio shop anymore, now we are being hearded and forced to go to them, there will always be a company to come around with a great product to sell to us direct, again...Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1723
dd sells direct polo maybe just get a 9500 basically the saem thing as a ssx

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3154
............you mean like.........AA!!!!!:-) lol

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1033
I am gonna get my SSX, OH YES I WILL!!! But in the future when I am craving an increase in bass, AND I WILL, then unless Treo changes there policy or tactics, then someone else gonna get my money. Could be AA or DD, never can tell, maybe even B might take that strole, lol...Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1724
lol b likes dd also bt it think he said treo for life lol

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 996
ive had only good things with treo. the treo shops by my house both sell the SSX 15 at 790+. i rarely see it lower than 750. i know online they have the 12 for like 600 or something but thats not a dealer...

it must have just been the salesman you got.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1034
Jake what was the name of your dealer? He was probably one I talked to because he is in my sales area...Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2808
msrp is 900 so pay 800 and be happy... sorry but the better things cost more money...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2732
Untill TREO starts shippin products to consumers, which I dont see in the future. The dealers are always gonna gain. And they said "they encourage this" hmmmm....

I cant belive that they are even out of parts on their top sub... SSX!!!!! Its gonna be a 30day wait from what they are sayin. HE said "there is no shortage, were just out of parts"

Well from what im hearin too, its always a TREO shortage this mnth of the year, IN THE MIDDLE! All the dealers are re-uppin stock.

MSRP on a SSX is like 900-1200...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5528
You guys really willing to pay that much for Treo?
At least JL gives you excellent warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 183
I hate the customer service at RE Audio. I emailed them asking for a price on the SX18 and that I wanted two of them. I emailed them like 3 times and they never get back to me. It has been over 2 weeks now. I think I am just going to stick with DD or AA.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1735
do dd n one has them on here ecept me and muddy

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1042
You cannot e-mail RE, they will never answer! I e-mailed them last year, no answer even though I bought two of there subs, lol. JL might give a good warrantee but the performance cannot be compared to a TREO, even on the bottom line. I'm telling you, this sub better put out like a wh0re and give me the biggest wood or I will personally fly and stick this $800 suppository up that salesmans @ss, lol... :-O Polo..

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1759
hey polo what do yoru kids think of car audio as your hobby

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3655
Actually Treo has a excellant warranty. 3 Years thru dealer. That is better then JL's warranty of 1 year.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1044
hey polo what do yoru kids think of car audio as your hobby

I put a set of ear plugs on them once in a while and let a 20hz tone go once in a while to flex the back seat for them. They think it is awesome and start laughing uncontrollably. Other than that I don't subject them to it, mainly I am a menace on the way/from work, to/from beer/milk runs, you know. I enjoy my life, wife, car, and system, I cannot upgrade my wife so I am constantly upgrading my system, lol. Hopefully with this Treo SSX I will be happy so I can put my car back together, lOl..Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1765
oh you can upgrade your wife just costs a couple thousand dollars lol some nice plastic surgery thats cool though i was jw about it your kids are probably gonna be car audio fanatics just like you are

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1046
Only time can tell! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us