Ported box?

Bronze Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 97
k i got a few q?s on building a box. i have 1 12" cvx. how do i build a ported box? is it basically a sealed box the i cut a hole for the port? and how wide should the port be? i wnat to use aero ports. i think i should tune the box for about 38 htz but im not too sure......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
o 1 more thing.... how big? i was thinkin 2.25-3 cu ft just because it will fit my car good

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 255
look at the specs. for the box an if u do a tube port box its liek makin a seald box then cut ur holes for the tube but i think slot ports r way better an look nicer an dont tune it @ 38hz to high try 30hz or 32hz

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2801
2 cuft net. net means total volume minus the sub and pport displacement. use those programs i showed you and find hwo long the port needs to be for a 38hz tune and 2 cuft. then find the volume of the port and add that to the 2 cuft. then add the sub disp to that number. now build a box to the final number. when you add the sub and port everything will work out lol. wait til you get the aero port and cut it to fit it lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2802
SPD... i think he is gin for a daily driver, but a SPL daily driver. unless im getting him confused with some1 else.

Bronze Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 46
ive got a prefab ported box... ill fix that soon. would it be better if i put a divider in between the subs or ust let them work together... (not the problem with one blowing the other one goes.. i dont care about that)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
yup im goin for spl daily driver
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us