Thank you JL Audio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 121
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! I just and finally got my subs hooked up and working. All I have to say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, here is my history of car audio: 2 12" or 15" Pyramid subs hooked to an LA Sound Laguna. My box was so big that it took up the hatch and backseat of a Chey Sh!tvette. Then I had 2 JBL 12s, then I had 2 MTX Thunder 5000 12 powered by an MMTX amp. Then I had Audioboms, nuff said. Last I had these:http://cgi.ebay.com/2-JL-Audio-12W6-alternative-subwoofers-12W6AE_W0QQitemZ58759 26596QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem powered by a JL 500/1. Now I have 2 JL Audio W3V2s powered by a 500/1 and this is THE BEST system that I have ever had. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SUGGESTED JL AUDIO AND SPECIAL THANKS TO JL AUDIO. I used to think that JL was overrated. Now I know.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5777
glad to hear your happy. Most people who say JL is overrated can't afford it!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3647
Cool, what kind of car and are they sealed or ported ? SHow some pictures.

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 122
MO, I have a 2002 Dodge Stratus. They are in a sealed box for now. I am going to try and get a JL HO Wedge as soon as I can afford it or a ported box. I will post some pics when I have everything done and I will post some for now of the subs. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 673
do they get loud in that sealed box?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2786
JL audio isnt even going to be overpriced in the near future.... thats my favorite mainstream company.

Bronze Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 23
Re audio is the new overpriced company lol

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 123
Yeah, they get loud but I'm sure that I can get about 5-10 more dB with that HO Wedge and about 3-5dB with a ported box.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 687
yeah u right re....i was telling evry1 how Re will crush....Jl...now all the crap that u guys are saying is real G@Y...i looked in car audio directory a RE sx 15 is like 500$ now...but i wasnt a fan of Jl w7 (i know u have a w3) i like the w6..though

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1412
10db is a REAL big jump, lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2798
yeah 10 db is like going from 2 10s on 1000s to 16 10s on 1000w lol or from 2 10s on 1000w to 2 10s on 8 thousand watts lol.. approximations of course.

Bronze Member
Username: Mtite_dabeast

Post Number: 30
so 500/1 = 500 watts?

When you buy JL, are you purchasing quality or a better bang? I mean 500 watss for the price, idk about that. I've never had JL anything, just lanzar subs, pyramid subs, and a soundstorm amp 1600 watts.

Now I have a hifonics BXi2006d 2000 watts rms. I want subs, JL or Hifonics just something good. Will 2 JL 15"s with 500 watts handle that 2000 or do i sound like an idoit?

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 685
it's all about the dicplacment

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1733
the any of the slash series amps are very much worth thete money they are underrated and they can play what there rated at, at any ohm level 1-4 so it works out great

Silver Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 110
where can i buy one of those HO wedge boxes?

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 776
i've seen some ho wedge boxes online but i think you hav to contact jl for that one but i dont think they sell just boxes.

Silver Member

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 111
i know, i want the HO212R-W3v2, the HO wedge with the two 12w3v2s. do i need to buy it from them, or can i go to my local car-toys or other authorized dealer to have them order it, or is there some place online i can buy it. please let me know. thanks for all your help.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5784
you can't buy them online, JL doesnt sell them seperately, and the only place you might find one is on a forum or maybe ebay if your lucky. JL only sells loaded boxes thats how they make more money.

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 779
lol i think were confused james he wants to get the ho box loaded with 12w3v2's i though he meant just the box. yeah you can contact jl and get a ho loaded box from them.

Silver Member

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 113
do you think i could order it from car-toys, or would they charge me an arm and a leg? thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us