Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1401
the only cap that is good is the kind you wearon your head

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3905
lol james. i'm sorry zepcoe. no disrespect to you but what james just said is the funniest thing i've heard.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1715
lol that was funny

btu zepcoe just remember its not gona do anythin for you unless youhave the proper power supply aka ho alt but caps are basically all the same thing one honestly isnt better than another

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 240
hey if i dont have a HO altinator a cap would be benifitial so if you think other wise explain to me why you think that? also why is it that a shi*tty 10awg wire would be not as good as a top of the line 10awg wire? Can you guys explain to me why that is?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1717
okay first the wire there is no sh!tty 10 awg wire of those companies just make there wire actually bigger than 10 you couldgo to awalmart and pick up a wiring kit that is 10 awg and it will actually be 10 awg or you could go spend more and it will be more like 9 awg lol just a marketing gimmick really wire is wire

also a cap wnt be beneficial for you unless you have the correct power supply because htere would basicallybe no need for it its only to give you power when youneed it to fix power factoring like kinda like a road with bumps in it the springs will make it soyour car doesnt bounce kinda liek a cap willmake it so the voltage stays the same but if you dont have the proper sullpy of power then it wont help cause it wont have time to keep charging and then discharging it ill be constanmtly discharging

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 241
so tell be if its benifitial in mmy case... I took of the cap to see what it would do hook the ground to connectors and all that shi*t when the base hit it dimmed my lights a lil bit just a lil when i put the cap back on it went back to normal... regular lighting. so in conclution i would need the cap i would think right ?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1719
wellif that is happening then no you need a ho alt al your doing is masking the problem and you need to fix itfrmo the source which is your alt

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1403
^^he's right.....a cap is only going to hide the problem, not fix it. You will still end up burning your alt up if you keep allowing your lights to dim. Either turn everything down, or seriously consider an HO alt. Go in the accessories section and go to the group buy in may thread. Nate is having a sale on HO alts...you should look into it

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 244
i will wait till my alt goes then buy a HO alt.
if my friend has a honda accord with a stock alt. hes getting a arsenal 12" sub with a Phenix gold amp will he need a cap because he doesnt want to buy a HO alt. and i doubt he wants to buy cap he just wants a lil bass he doesnt really got that much money

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1519
zepcoe, are you really that stupid? Everyones telling you caps are worthless, get over yourself and either deal with the problem, keep complaining about it until your alt goes, then come complain twice as hard because your alt died, or finally, get a cap and shutup if you think it'll help you and stop posting nonsence about it every day.

Its not rocket science.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1404
Like charlie and I said before, if your lights dim, then getting a cap does nothing for. IMO, better to keep the lights dimming and ruin your alt than waste your money on a cap if you can't afford an HO. Do you know how many amp his stock alt is? Also, do you know which amp it is? (model #)

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 247
Shut the f*ck up jeff you Dickless Watermelonhead

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 249
i already have a cap. so your saying if i take the cap off the alt will die slower? the amp is a Phoenix Gold Xenon-X400.1 and i dont know how many amp his stock amp is. I dont think mine is stock tho mine runs between 13.9 and 14v

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3906
zepcoe, ima tell you right now. i got 2 subs running with 2 1000wrms amps on my stock 105a alt right now. i haven't received my ho alt yet so i have to wait. recently my voltage is dropping alot. even at moderate volumes. my alt is getting weaker. why would you want to wait til your alt goes bad. if you don't want to upgrade your alt then get a small amp and a lower power sub. thats all i can say.

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 252
lol to late.. last week ordered 2500dn orion amp and about to order 2 ssi treos. My alt going to drop like a rock

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1405
your alt won't handle that at all........Your going to end up screwing up your alt, possibly your battery, and chances are, your audio gear. If you clip your amp, say good-bye to your subs.

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 253
what clip my amp mean?

Bronze Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 77
Zepcoe listen to these guys.
http://www.bcae1.com/2ltlpwr.htm

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3907
damn i wouldn't even run that amp at 2500wrms on your stock alt. you think you will get loud still but you won't. i would just run it at 4 ohms to your ssi's. it would be underpowering it but its better than running at 2500wrms at 1ohm on your stock alt.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1408
clipping means asking your amp to go beyond it's limits, causing distortion in the subs. Distortion kills speakers. If you don't have the voltage to supply to your amp, then you are going to ask it to go beyond it's limits, therefore clipping it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us