Wow, my whole car and sound system has issues...

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 850
Well I was driving to school today and all of a sudden there was a small pop in my rear speakers and my cd player turned off. And then started back up again. When the cd started playing agian there was no subs. I didn't have my subs set loud at all, very low actually. I noticed that when I turn on my blinker it has an affect on it. I think I have a short in my car becuase randomly my battery, e-brake and "lights" warning lights all come on simultaneasly and then go away. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I thought I should add that in. I just hope it isn't something wring with my head unit or amps, becuase I can't afford to replace them right now. Any insight would be great.

BTW, it feels good to be back! This is my first post in like 8 monthes or so. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 768
lol welcome back. do you have a ho alternator by any chance?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1710
ya nemen could be that or a maybe the power wire is not getting a good connection with the battery but i would bank on ur alt is not puting out the power cause that happened to mine after a while does it happen when u hit ur brake also lol

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 686
first thig u should do is calm down....Not that u r mad or anything but....its most likely something simpler than u think....it thought that i blew my amp.....cuz i smelt somethin weird when it blew an my H/u cut off....(first thought it was the alt...cuz that died last weekend) but it was a fuse....turns out what i smelt was my power wire hitting my headers and shorting out....

most likeley u did something to ur car...moved something...cuz if it was working then "randomly" went out...something caused it that wasnt random...so just give it some time...cuz when u take time to think about what uir doing the answer will come....(at least 4 me)

hope u can fix it....cuz i know whut its like having no system for 4days...its no fun...it doesnt even feel right

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 851
Thank you guys for the replies. Turns out my car was just failing, in more than one way. Sorry now that I think of it this was kind of a worthless post becuase right after I posted it my entire car took a massive sh1t. To the junk yard with this pile! It was a 1990 Toyota Camry with nearly 207K miles on it. So my parents are letting me use their car for the rest of the school year (which is 2 more days for me! YAY!). So I stripped all of my stereo equipment out today. I might be looking for an uppgrade on my subs, so look out for a post from me in the near future regarding some new woofers, becuase like I said earlier, I have been out of the loop for the last 8 monthes or so. Thanks again all!

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 773
lol time for a new car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us