Protection light?

Bronze Member
Username: Rollout4877

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 13
i have two 12 inch kicker l7's with a 3000 watt amp. ive had em for a few days and i had em at like half volume and my phone rang so i turned it off and when i turned it back on the protection light was on and the subs werent workin and the amp wasnt on. i know the protection means it wont let it work for some reason but i dont know why. im thinkin maybe the amp was too hot? anyone?????? im clueless. im hoping in the morning when i go to work it works ok. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1967
what voice coil ND WHAT AMP IS IT, ARE THEY DUAL 4 OR DUAL 2 SUBS

Bronze Member

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 14
dual vc, 2 ohms and its a boss pd 3000

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2720
sound like u have your subs wires to a 1/2 ohm load, its a high possiblity.. rewire the sub, wire them up, and try it again! You need to wire them @ 2ohms..

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Bronze Member

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 15
ok i seen the diagram for 2 speakers with dvc, but it shoes to wire the speakers in a series.. my box has 2 chambers, so how can i wire them in a series?

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 951
through the port

or run both in series and hook the wire to one then run it to the other.

Bronze Member

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 16
its a sealed box

Gold Member

Post Number: 1985
you have to run each speaker to 4 ohm inside the box, then use the 2 wires from box to0 amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1986
All info for that amp shows nothing stable bridged.

Bronze Member

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 17
"All info for that amp shows nothing stable bridged. " so ur sayin i should bridge it? i had this place do it today and i think i heard him say he wired it to 4 ohm. but wont that lose power? when it was workin fine the other day it was way louder than it is now, b4 it would rattle my rear view mirror all the way down t where i couldnt even use it. now it doesnt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1987
In theory an amp brideged at 4ohms will produce the same power as a 2ohm stereo mode(on most amps)that amp shows 1/2ohm stereo stable, soo even if yopu had it 1ohm per channel, the clipping may come from not enough power supplied to amp....

Bronze Member

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 18
ok i dont think i can bridge mine since i have 2 speakers and only 2 channels on my amp right? so is there a way i can wire the speakers at 2 ohms without wiring it in a series because my box is chambered and sealed

Gold Member

Post Number: 1992
you can wire each sub to either 4 or 1ohm per chamber,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us