What kind of box for, Audiobahn amp, 12" subs.....ported?

Bronze Member
Username: Sgerard

Post Number: 19
I have a audiobahn a8000t amp - 800rms
Im looking to get a box for 2 12" subs. Either kickers or audiobahns.
I was looking at this pack.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNABP12T
What does anyone think about getting it.

If not, im not sure if i should get a bandpass box or a ported box. A wise man once told me that bandpass boxes are a no no unless you know what you are doing. Can Anyone help!!!!??

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 388
i'd get kicker over audiobahn any day. neither are the best unless you just want spl though.

i definately wouldn't buy that package neither. i personally hate bandpass boxes. to me they are cheap boxes thrown in with crappy subs and sold as packages to uninformed buyers, no offense.

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 580
dude look at the loudest sub tread
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/220965.html
look at the bottom for best prices and better shippin than cardomain and wit the a800t will be good enough and the aw1206t will be prepare for more but if u want spl go wit the 08t but forget about the sq but say hello to spl at that price

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Im not sure if i should get a bandpass or ported. Bandpass sold on ebay or other sites look about 300% better. They normally have some fiberglass and some neons - some extra stuff to impress people at your high school. But ported or vented are always just wood and carpeted with charcaol color.

I still dont know what box to get!!!?

Any good looking ported i could get????

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 391
ported over bandpass! they just through in all that neon crap to make it look cool to make a sale and to mask the fact its' a crap box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
well anyways, besides just THAT bandpass box, i need help deciding to get a bandpass or vented.

I could care less about that link that i put up. I just mean which one should i get. Bandpass or vented? anyone have any personal opinions that might help???

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 393
vented. get one made to the specs of the subs you're putting in and you'll be happy. had one made for my type r's and they slammed.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 583
http://www.cardomain.com/item/OBCGZ32812

this box+the two audiobahns aw1206t wit a proper amp u will be doin easily over 135 db that wat i did wit that same box and same subs and wit two sonys xplod p5 amps together pushin 400 watts rms to each subi did around 138 that was my fisrt system now im runnin precicion power and re audio subs and im doin 147 at the termallab

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 584
band pass are louder than ported in some frequensis but ported have will win easily plus bandpass will sound good in some freqensis and when they are out of the freqensis it will make your subs go crazy thats why ported is betterthan bandpass and most of the hertz the ported is louder

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 585
u can get that same bandpass box but witout neon at cardiscountstereos.com for 100

Bronze Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 33
id use a garbage can
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us