Hey Devin..

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 216
I saw you were on the forum a bit ago with a post, lets tell them about our system and that competition coming up, if you're still on here.

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 763
id like to know lol

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 217
Aiight, were running both our amp/subs in my car. I have my two Infinity 1230's and my Infinity 310A amp, and he has his JLw4's with his clarion amp. We built a sweet amp rack for the back seat and made him a box for his jl's.. ill get more pics when we have the jl's in.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 765
looks good did u guys build the box yourselves?

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 218
yeah, i made mine a while ago, got some mdf for christmas, tuned it to 33 hz, and painted it. Last weekend my mom helped me leather carpet it, so it looks way better. Those port things i made with a router, took a long time too, still have to paint them though cause you can probly see some mdf around there. and his box is just sealed, but we might make another. That amp rack has routered tunnels under it all the wires are hidden, its nice and stealth.
I have more pics, but ill wait and post them later when everyting is painted right and clean (i went off-roading in the school parking lot today when it rained, thats why the car is muddy)

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1393
dude......your slightly underpowering those subs big time. Those 1230's are rated at 300wrms each (easily take 400), so thats a combined minimum of 600wrms @ 2ohms. That amp does 312wrms @ 2ohms. So each sub is only getting 156wrms. If I were you, I'd get an amp that does 700-800wrms and power those suckers right. BTW, real clean and nice job on the insall :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 15
I always love to see a fellow infinity guy. Keep em bumpin.

Young James is right, but if u do use an amp with a higher rms, make sure your settings on the amp r perfect.

Cant wait to see the rest of the pics.

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 219
Yeah, i knew i was underpowering the subs. They came in a package deal with a sealed box amp and subs but i havent convinced my parents i need to spend some money on a better amp. I wonder why they would sell me an amp that cant power the subs in a package deal with it?. i was thinking either a jbl, kicker, or infinity 611A. I can also get another 310A and power one to each sub, cant i?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1411
nope........that won't work either. The 1230 is the single VC 4ohm sub. That means that you can't hook it up in 2ohm mode. The sub will then only see roughly 156wrms or so. So buying another is absolutly and you will get the same wattage as one amp. Get a kicker 600.1, or even they other infinity 611a. You will be banging with one of those amps. Also, if you are on an extremely tight budget, grab an audiobahn A8000T on e-bay for a little over 100 and give each sub 400wrms. Should get really loud, just watch your gain settings :-)

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 220
I can sell my 310A to my dad i think, not sure how much though. Ive researched those amps you suggested Young James and they all seem good. Thanks for all the help. I also saw an eDesigns nine.1 > puts out 900 X 1 @ 2 ohms. ed is a good brand (or so ive heard) but steer me in another direction if i am wrong.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1413
pretty good amps..........do you have a particular budget?

Bronze Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 17
memphis prd1000.1 all i got to say

Bronze Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 18
that way when u r ready to upgrade u can get another prd1000.1 and get two Infinity 12dvq's.

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 222
not sure on a budget.. depends if i sell my infinity amp and how much i can get for it. What do you think i can sell it for.. its in good condition, works like new and never had any problems with it?

Username: Silverado_94

Hudson bay, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 3
charge him lots its only ur dad. how much will an ed9.1 cost? charge him that price.lol

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1416
best thing to do is post it on ebay and see what you will get.........also look around on there and see what others go for

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 226
alright.. that devin drechsler.. thats his clarion amp on my back seat.. we put our stuff in my car for now.. LOUD.. i like :-D lol

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1417
do it actually sound good mix-matching subs?

Post Number: 6
I have been told that my 10" would beat diffrent from his 12" but we have had them in for a while and i cant tell the diffrence if it is there it is very little diffrence:-)

Post Number: 7
i want to see what we are hitting because its loud. Earbleeding music.lol

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 227
yeah, the 12's and 10's dont beat differently, i was surprised at how good it sounded. I guess both are sq subs really.

Post Number: 10
get any new pics shawn?if u did u should post that sh!t

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 231
maybe.. my head unit, but none with your jl's.. ill get those tomorrow.

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 232
Heres some pics:
My Clarion DXZ655MP hu:
Upload
Heres the amps again:
Upload
One of my Infinity 1230's:
Upload
And heres what makes or breaks a system.. Gotta have a dancing Chris Farley animation! (hey devin.. drake would be proud, lmao!)
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
lmao chris farley s the tits.and he some big ones too.lol:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
has some big ones i mean.

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 233
ARG! i want that ED nine.1!!!! maybe ill sell some of my hockey cards at school tomorrow.. Ashton offered me $30 for the Yzerman game worn jersey card. Maybe i can get that up to $50. I hope my dad will buy my amp so i can bid on that amp.. auction runs out in just under 2 days.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1418
if you do get that amp, be EXTREMLY careful with the gain on the amp. You will be giving them close to 500wrms each. Might be a bit too much, but if your careful, you should be able to do it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us