Cap between alt and batt?????

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 566
is it a good idea to put a cap between the alt and batterie the cap will be waterproff and all that im askin this cuz i have a stock alt and im runnin a precicion power dcx1500 at 1 ohm and 4 channel phoenix gold amp and alpine deck plus lightin, it will be better????i will have more stable output???and is it worth it??? Upload
Upload
oh i took these pics from the speaker foroum

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 166
well i belive that the cap should be as close as possible to the amplifier. the closer it is the faster the amp is going to get ther juice.. i think it may be too far from ur amplifier.. so i don't think its a good idea.. (but also ask other ppl.. don't just listen to what i'm saying. maybe i'm wrong.. but i doubt it...lol)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1968
a cap in that application is to filter out AC ripple only. it'll do nothing for anything else. if you have problems with excessive ac ripple, then thats not a bad idea. but you really have to watch where you mount it under the hood though. if they get too hot, a capacitor will explode.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2717
capacitor does nothing for your output.. Deals with voltage not current... GET A HIGH OUTPUT CURRENT Alternator... :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Excessiveamps

Dothan, Alabama Good Ol U.S....

Post Number: 76
Man, that is not a good idea. It will blow the hood off of your car if it gets too hot. We are having a group buy on this forum. I can custom build you a 100 % NEW 200 amp alternator for your car (if it is the one in the pic) for about $250.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1979
i don't think thats his car. i've seen thoes pics before around the forums.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us