Need a little advice on a system

Username: Saint18z

Post Number: 1
Hey guys Im putting a system together in my jeep...and i need some help...

so far all I have is two 12" alpine type-Rs...
SO....i need help with
power for the subs

components....front and back I can fit 6.5" and smaller all around (Im good with custom fab work)

power for the components....

and maybe a head head unit...right now I have a Alpine CDA-7893

is there anything I missed....
thanks alot for you help guys
Chris

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1973
i'd give the subs about 500 to 750 watts RMS a piece.
a kicker KX 1200.1, SX1250.1 or one of the newer ZX series would be nice. or an Orion 1200D. but whats the VC configuration for the subs?? budget?? electrical system??

components, depends on what you like the best. also, budget. price range is huge for components.

power for comps will depend on the comps you get. to keep up nicely with thoes type R's, you'll need at leats 100 watts per channel for the front. honestly, you don't need rears unless you just want them. personal preference really.

for a HU, Pioneer premier's are very nice. some of the older Alpines are nice, but their newer stuff kinda sucks.

only thing you haven't mentioned is wireing and electrical upgrades. you'll definally need 0 gauge power wire and a HO Alternator for 1000+ watts of power. group buy going on with Excessive Amperage, might wanna look into it.

Post Number: 2
Wire is already coverd I have some 0 gauge for the amps and I am going to be runing kimber cable to all the speakers..as for power I am going to get an optima yellow top and probly a 2fahrad cap (do I really need more than a 2 fahrad?)..as for price range I have about 1000 for the entire system...Im not really lookin to blow it all....as far as the electrical system...Im not exactly sure what you mean by that but I am basically starting from scratch so I will be puting a new system in to power it....as for components thats what I really need help with I dont have to many places around me where I can go and listen I just want to know If anyone else is runnin two type Rs...and from what I have heard they are gonna be pretty accurate and hit hard...and from the sound of it I guess I will be gettin a 1200W amp to power them....so what are some good components to go along with them...Im lookin for a even balance between SQ and SPL...I want people to know Im commin but I also want them to hear every word...Oh and the subs are 2ohm

Keep the help commin
Thanks alot for your input...
Chris

Post Number: 3
Also what about crossovers?...should I use the ones that come with the comps or should I look into an active crossover?

Post Number: 4
come on guys help me out

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 58
If your getting good enough components the crossovers they come with should be fine. Are you putting a amp on your Mids\Highs...

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1987
so the subs are dual 2 ohm right?? type R's are DVC subs. if so, wire them in series/parallel for a 2 ohm final load. (other way would be .5 ohms, which is too low for most amps) so you want an amp thats 1000-1200 watts at 2 ohms.

i think the Orion 1200D is rated at 1 ohm, but the kicker amps are all rated at 2 ohms, so any one of them would work fine for you.

as far as components go, it really does depend on what you like best. but some good brands to look for would be Infinity reference or kappa, mb quart, cdt, diamond, focal, JL....thats all i can think of at the moment but i'm sure theres more.

you'll need an amp for the speakers. 2 channel if you just run front speakers, 4 channel if you run front and rear. JL, kicker, orion...ect... theres plenty of decient brands out there that would work.

by electrical upgrades i mean 0 gauge wireing. you say you got that, good. HO Alternator is the main thing you'll need to look at. 1200 watts is a lot of power and it'll require a lot of current demand. the stock alt will not be able to supply tha tkind of current and keep the car going too. it'll die. voltage will sag too low and that'll cause your lights to dim and amps to clip. clipping is what blows speakers.

Post Number: 5
what about the alpine MRD-M1005 would that be enough for those two subs...
I guess im gonna have to see if there is a place I can go to listen to theses speakers..

well thanks alot for you help
Chris

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1996
alpine amps aren't bad and 500 watts a piece would be good so that would work. can't remember, but make sure that amp is rated at 2 ohms or it won't work for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us