Quick q?

Bronze Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 80
i want a sub that you can feel when it hits. is that sq or sql or spl or what??

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1125
spl... spl reffers to sound pressure levels or loudness.. sq reffers to the musical ability of the subwoofer.. a striclty SQ sub will be able to hit the variety of frequencies accurately and cleanly .. a strictly SPL sub will have little musical abilities but will get very loud

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 67
thats SPL, MTX 9500 or alpine type R is good for that

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1685
umm mark i will have to disagree with you a little on this sq will hit all of the notes so therefore you will feel it everytime it hits hwen spl will just keep going more like a vibration type a deal either way youwill feel it but what i think he is talking about is sq kinda like a punch from a 10" sub if you knwo what i mean

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
ok well how bout this 1 alpine type x or 1 kicker cvx both 12"

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1691
alpine type t thats not a spl sub at all thats a sql if you want spl it is more like a kicker l7, dd 99hz, treo csx, re mt

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1692
alpine type r thats not a spl sub at all thats a sql if you want spl it is more like a kicker l7, dd 99hz, treo csx, re mt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
type X is awesome u wont be dissapointed when u buy it i got a 10 " it sounds great it be better then a cvx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
so what would u guys reccomend??? i only got room for 1 12" in a medium box maybe 2.5-3 cu f . i want sumthin loud that hits really hard and i got 250 to spend on the sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
and alpine type R is SPL sub one of those can hit 140 or higher if u got a good box with it type R was meant for SPL type X was quality but still gives a lot of kick!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
so what would hit harder the cvx or the type x

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
a alpine type X 12 ifu have the jumpers on the sub set right and given it the right power about 1000 to 1200rms it would sound awesome u wont be dissapointed i can tell u that!

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1697
type r was made for sql it can get liud with a ton of power and a near to perfect box but then again so can almost any sub so dont be a d^mbass and pull stuff out of your a## like that statement if you dont know what your talking about

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
haha k thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
type R is a boomer sub alpine guy said so himself they just have really good quality is all cause its Alpine!

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1698
if it has sound quality in mind then its not a spl sub a spl sub sacrificesjust about any sq just to get loud alpines are made with sq in mind and you can tell if you here one there for its a sql sub because it sounbds good and gets loud okay

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 378
adam don't listen to andy on this. i have two type r's ported with 600wrms+ going to each one and yes they get loud but i would never consider them a spl sub. there are many other type r owners here that would fully agree with me. yes, they can get loud with a perfect box and alot of power, but like charlie says just about any sub can. just get a strictly spl sub listen to charlies suggestions on subs up top^^.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1699
thank youi mike you can ask any type r owner on this forum they will tell you it is not a spl sub but adam spl subs are not cheap like 250 i just gonna say this if you really want something just save up your money it will be worth it int he end

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7643
"you can ask any type r owner on this forum" - i'm 1 of them -lol...

R is a SQL sub & prolly the best in its price range of around $100-110.....

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 115
Andy i'm not disagreeing with you here... but he's the alpine guy. This means he's trying to sell his product. He makes his living off a commission of his sales. He will tell you that it will teleport you to Aruba if you will believe him and buy his product.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1130
"umm mark i will have to disagree with you a little on this sq will hit all of the notes so therefore you will feel it everytime it hits hwen spl will just keep going more like a vibration type a deal either way youwill feel it but what i think he is talking about is sq kinda like a punch from a 10" sub if you knwo what i mean"

what are you talking about? i was stating what the acronyms stand for.. and sure most SQ subs we are farmiliar with do get loud.. W6,IDMAX,SI Mag there are some stricly sq subs that do not get loud at all however.. and they are not gonna rattle your chest.. any sub can have punch.. thats not what sound quality is.....
on the the Alpine subs.. the type r is a great sub for the price.. there are others of course in the price range that can compete.. IMO all the alpine subs sound better in sealed boxes.. alot better, the type r's can still be used in ported boxes though and they will sound pretty good.. if your buying the type x it will be for the sq and putting this in a ported box however will reduce the sq quite a bit.. basically if u want alot of spl from the type x's you gotta feed them alot of power.. if your looking for more spl than sq go for the type r's ported .. more sq than spl go with the type x's sealed..

www.soundsplinter.com
these are also great subs for the price .. Rl-p's will outperform the alpines
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us