MobileSoundWorks / Treo TSX's / Story Inside

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3631
So after waiting a week for delivary, i finally got my 2 Treo TSX 10's that i ordered thru www.mobilesoundworks.com

First of all they were packaged inside a dynamat box holding 2 Treo Box's inside. Not very good. Once i opened it up. I saw the Treo Logo on the Treo box's inside so i opended the first one and first thing i noticed was that it was facing down with the magnet up just laying down inside the treo box with no kind of protection or support. No Manual or paperwork of any kind to be seen. I go to open the second box and its already been opened up by whoever had it at MSW and same thing, sub was facing down with no support and i noticed a dent on the bottem side of the magnet on one of them and a scratch on the other. The other things that i noticed were that the basket's were black instead of silver and didn't have the sticker on the bottem magnet like shown on Treo's Website. I am very upset right now and about to call MSW and let them know that this is not good. I have added few pictures so you can see.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3632
This is what i expected / http://www.treoonline.com/tsx.html

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3117
dude.....that is not professional business practices.....Send That Stuff Back:-)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3633
Upload
This is how it was inside the box when i opened it.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3118
those look like some old Treo's.

call them and tell them you wanted new ones that haven't been opened and that haven't been tampered with.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3634
Called them back and gave it to them, the guy felt stupid and he offered some new ones if they had them in stock and i said no thanks. Full Refund instead. Dont ever order from mobilesoundworks!!!!!!!!!

This has been a big inconvienance and a insult, Take my hard earned money and then send me a product that has horrible packaging with no kind of support and is cosmetically messed up, dented, and on top of that missing all the paperwork and as muddywaters said above "those look like some old Treo's" I whould'nt doubt that because the magnet is black and its suppose to be silver with a treo tsx logo on the magnet and sticker at the bottem like treos website. Anyways, the guy is emailing me a return shipping label so its going out today!!!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3121
Attention: DO NOT BUY FROM MOBILE SOUND WORKS.
MO just got off the phone with the guy and he was like "well we knew the boxes were beat up but we checked the subs"

.....WTF!?!?! they didn't even have any support in the boxes.....idiots....i will never buy form them.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1960
this is how my SSI 15 was packaged. i bought from a dealer locally. don't know if theres any difference in packaging between the series's though.
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1391
^^now that's how it should look.........hope you have better luck next time MO :-)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3638
Hope so to. Ive had badluck with subwoofers as of late. Been without bass for way to long.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1392
you going to get the same subs from another source?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2711
well, the sticker is also missing to the back of 1 of the TSX... :-( not "NEW" to speak...
This is what they come like:
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2736
when i ordered mine on ebay (brand new with facotory warranty) although it was a ssi. it was in the same packaging but didsnt get any damage. i thought it was kinda skimpy packaging myself... but the tsx i got at stereorama was in styrofoam. that black basket looks sweet IMO though. sorry to hear it didnt work out. go to a dealer and you should be able to get them for about 230each with a warranty.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3639
Hey Trevor, did you ever hook up that SSI 10 in your bros car ? What kind of condition is it in ? Did it come with everything like new ?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2741
it came with everything except the stryrofoam lol. but it was in prefect cosmetical condition (i havent tested it yet) i was going to order a 4 inch flared port for it yesterday but im going to give my brother chance to raise credit so im giving him cash n then he will put it in his acount and then i'll buy it. i may start making it tomorrow though.. i just dont know the dimensions i want to go with yet or the tuning.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3641
Ive decided to make a 2 hour drive on thursday to this really reputable shop in lancaster, PA called Auto Sound. I know sean that posts on here lives right around there and always goes there. THey are suppose to have a whole new batch of Treo Subs in on thursday so i will definetly have somthing on my way back with a 3 year warranty. :-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2745
just to possibly save you gas money. the morning before id call nad have them check to see if they have the exact ones you want lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us