Spl meter

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 188
i just this thing http://cgi.ebay.com/EFX-COMPETITION-SPL-SOUND-LEVEL-METER_W0QQitemZ9719589286QQc ategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem but it tells me my suburban is hittin 125 and i only have 2 CVRs 12" and a 12" audiobahn so i think i hit WAY less... is this thing not reading good b/c its so cheap or what

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1668
125 is not that loud at all so it is very likely thats what ur hitting

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 166
What do you think I hit with two kicker L5 15s + a soundstream pca2000d?

7 cubes ported @ 35 hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
well i thought it would be since on that "p!mp my ride" they were hittin like 100 and you couldn't hear them very good b/c of the bass it was all viberatin them

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 168
the jackhammer hit 133+

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
that still don't seem much more then 125.. is this is true then in my talon i musta had like 160-170 goin on in there i thought my talon would be in like the 120s my rear view would always slide all the way down ( i got a kick out that) and i blew out lighters and ppl would talk and i couldn't hear them for sh!t and my cell would viberate and i didn't know if it was my phone or the music... i loved my old systems

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 170
130-140 i would guess

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
so then theres a big difference between 125 and 130 or what... b/c in my suburban my rear window barely shake and my rear view don't viberate as much.. and i can breathe like nothin

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1674
ya but just remebember theres more air to be moved in a sububan than a talon the subs are right her in a talon and i doubt ur hitting 160-170 lol thats really hard tohit especially on a daily driver so ya i can guarantee u werent hitting even closeto 160 prob not even 140

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
alright... but i really don't think i am hittin 125 in my burban.. that seems way to much... or do u think that is what i am really hittin??

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1678
i bet ur right around there maybe a little less bu i bet 125 is good

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2812
.D.,

that lil SPL meter it not accurate for sh1t. i have one...you can blow on it and it will say like 129dB.

also, its like it cant even register below 50hz. I can do 138dB at 28hz on the termlab and w/ this lil cheap meter, i cant event get it over 130. (it actually read my computer speakers at 126dB).

in closing...i wish i would have never gave walmart my $23. (i cant belive they are actually sellin on ebay for more than they do at walmart...lmao) Btw...notice that it says in the discription that it will read up to 130dB...but in the pic it show 135...lol.

try to find an audio shop w/ a real SPL meter and get tested there.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2813
btw...that 138dB at 28hz is w/ my daily port...i havnt even tried this lil mic w/ my spl port (148dB+ on TL)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2739
i think i may get a TL this summer. well if my dad lets me hold a competition at our property that is. its 1G or more i forget, for 2 sensors, a score printout, and a signal analizer, and the program of course. wow, i thought you got all that for 600 lol. btw if i do your all invited ;-) really though, if your close enough you can come, i'll let you guys know probably later in june.

Bronze Member
Username: Serius

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 43
hit me up =)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2742
haha i will but its definetly about a 6 hour drive for you lol. but hey if your willing to make the drive thats cooler then the other side of the pillow lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
ya i noticed all that.... i'll prolly try to go sell it to some dumbs azz for like $30-35 .... i must be a bump azz to for buyin it.. but oh well i tried... and the reason i got that is b/c there is no audio places here with an spl meter.. closest one is prolly like 150-170 miles away... and i ain't to happy with the way my current system sounds so i ain't gunna make that try.. imma wait till my talon is runnin again and i get my new system in there

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1517
www.splmeter.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
if you go to realmofexusion.com and look at the one that says slumpinhondal7's two 12" L7's in a 5.5 cu. ft. enclosure powered by a Quantum Q2000.1 amp. He's playing "Late Nite Tip" by Three 6 Mafia. under kicker ... why does the rear view do that... i use to do that with and audiobahn set up.. it was a ABR122T powered by a A1300HCT
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us