SQ Songs

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 327
What songs do you guys like to play to show off the SQ of your systems?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 727
get 311 Transistors. Very nice recording, HDCD. Good mix of bass, mids and highs. Also I like to use Perfect Circle, Craig Armstrong, and anything they want to hear(whoever is listening). Always play to the crowd.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 43
guys also try the studio matisyahu album

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3102
i have heard that the "Blue Man Group" has one of the best recorded albums as far as SQ goes. i don't mean they are the best, i mean they have a top quality recorded CD, like how it is transfered to the CD.

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1084
if you like jazz, Diana Krall's "Live in Paris" is one of the best mastered studio albums I have ever heard.

It is my top, and I have heard a ton, much more than I can count, from all generes, from rap to classical to country.

Muddy, BMG is not nowhere near as close to the top as Diana Krall.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3228
i never said they were.
just stating what i have heard.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 893
James Taylor - any album, he has excellent recordings

Tom Petty - Learning To Fly and Full Moon Fever

Tina Turner - any album, she has excellent recordings

ZZ Top - Recycler

Ottmar Liebert - Nouveau Flamenco

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 67
What makes a good/bad recording?

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 897
"REAL INSTRUMENTS"

Good recordings sound "REAL". They also have depth, such as being able to get a good soundstage without actually being in front of the recording. So when you listen to a cd it should mimic you actually sitting infront of the stage or whatever was recorded.

Micing techniques is by far the biggest difference.

Quality of mics, stage monitors, musical instruments, cables, and last but not least a quality recording studio.

To put the icing on the cake is a sound engineer that actually knows what to listen for and how to mix.

I listen to clarity and naturalness of voice, and miscelaneous detail items that are usually in the background to the lame-man.

Metalica, snoop dog, led zeppelin, and garth brooks are not what I consider quality recordings. They are great musicians, and have selling albums, but they actually lack in sound quality.

Any type of synthesizer or computer generated music or sound is also not considered quality. So yeah, techno doesnt count, lol... sorry

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1108
I LOVE OTTMAR LIEBERT!!!!!

I have:

Borrasca, Solo Para Ti, Little Wing, and Hours Between Night and Day

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 898
I m not sure, but I think my picks for sq songs may have scared off the younger generation ... lol

Glad to hear that you appreciate finer classier things besides just bass.

No pun intended to all yall who love to vibrate.

Peace

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 17
Try IASCA SQL competition CD, it has some great tracks on it

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 70
I can't believe someone else has used the Blue Man Group cd, I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

Bronze Member
Username: Jinster

Post Number: 60
Shpongle. a psychadelic trance music that is said to have the best cd production values of it's genre, not to mention that they are single most recognized of them all. which is saying a lot cuz trance music is understood to be always on the 'cutting edge'.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 901
This is an interesting topic.

When people are asked which songs or recording they like or use as their reffrence for sound quality, some people base their choice on clarity of sound at high volumes.

I however have taken it a step further and demand more out of my reffrence for sound quality.

I look for ballance, naturalness, depth, etc.. besides the obvious. I guess sound quality is subjective.

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 51
Mixneffect has a great point.
A lot of SQ beginners think that it simply has to be able to get very loud and stay very clear at the same time, but the reality is - it's much deeper than that:-)

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 750
whut rb songs have good sq i heard charelie wilson-last name wilson was good....i dont know cuz my system sucks... 2 jensen 6x9's 1 sony xplod 5.25 powered by the H/u...LMAO....want to get 2 AA 8's an a set of 4"-5.25 componets....with 300rms going to the 8's like 150 going to the components....i actually like sq...but it has to b loud....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us